PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a right pathetic person!

shotokansho
05-08-12, 15:33
Hello everyone.

I'm not sure I should be posting this as I don't want it to trigger anything for anyone, I would hate to upset anyone on here. I just don't know who else to tell or talk too, as no one knows about this, but I need to get it out. Anyway I'm sure the mods will do with it as they see fit.
On Thursday afternoon I was out with a friend having a few beers, we had a lovely afternoon and I really enjoyed it. When I got home the thoughts entered my head, egging me on to self harm ect ect. Anyway to try and clear my head I took the dog for a walk but while I was out with her the thoughts wouldn't stop and they were really strong. I got my anti-depressants and took 28 of them and 6 paracetamol and I self harmed.
I was still out, in a field all by myself on my knees in the mud crying. I just didn't know what to do at this point. I felt I couldn't go home because I was an emotional state, had blood on my trousers and was covered in mud. So because I still had the implement I harmed with I made a huge decision to call the police, as I was so frightened of what I had just done and what was going through my mind.
They came and found me and one of them hit me with his baton in my thigh...I went down and it didn't half hurt! I mean what happened to talking? It immediatley put me on the defensive and I became very hostile towards them. Because of this they put me in the back of a van and took to me to A&E. I was constantly trying to get away from them, it was horrible. They detained me on a section 136 and was stuck in A&E with them for hours. I finally got assessed by the on duty psychiatrist and he said I was fit to go home.
I got home and since then I have done nothing but put myself down. I am now depressed again because I hate myself for my behaviour. I feel so stupid and angry and I am totally gutted. I have been detained on sections before and I feel like this every single time. Problem is I now have no anti depressants left and I'm scared now because I am going to withdraw. I'm worried about going to my doctors for more, although they will know about this as A&E always fax the docs.
What bothers me afterwards is that I know I'm not that person that the police and others see when I am having an 'episode'. I know I am a decent person and there is no way on this earth I would fight with anyone or hurt anyone, it makes me sick to the stomache. In a way I am glad it's the police I take it out on and not someone I love.
Really sorry guys I just feel so rubbish right now, I need some reassuring words.

theharvestmouse
05-08-12, 16:38
Sorry to hear this, it must have been awful, but you only did this because of your mental state, so you have nothing to be ashamed of. As for the police, they were just doing their job, they have to use force when they see someone who could potentially cause harm with a weapon.

Maybe you should go to see your GP to seek advice.

ElizabethJane
05-08-12, 16:54
:hugs:Hi Kez I'm sorry that this has happened. No doubt you are feeling very low at the moment. Do you know what triggered this latest episode? If it was me I would be wondering whether there was some other help/meds I could take which would make me feel better. Big hugs to you. EJ

nomorepanic
05-08-12, 17:35
Kerry - sounds like a pretty awful time for you right now and I am not sure the police helped by belting you one!

Please do go and see the doc and explain about the medication and get some more. I assume you are ok after taking so many at the time?

shotokansho
05-08-12, 21:26
Hi guys and thanks for the replies. To be honest the meds I am on do help, my consultant says it's my personality that makes me do stupid impulsive things, this makes me feel worse because I don't want something like that to be a part of me.
No Nic I had tests done while I was there, I've not done any damage to myself. I have been since Thursday now without my anti-depressants, I'm dreading the withdrawal symptoms. I know I should go see my GP but I'm in the kind of mood where I never want to see anyone ever again so I'm not wasting anyone's time.

shotokansho
08-08-12, 19:55
Well I went to the doctors, mainly because I couldn't sit down from where I was bashed by a baton. My whole left butt cheek was black with bruising and my GP was furious, she said she wasn't surprised it was so painful. Anyway I got some more meds from her and told her everything and I do feel a little better now.

Elen
08-08-12, 20:08
So glad you went to your GP, hopefully you can start to put this horrible experience behind you a bit.

Elen

shotokansho
08-08-12, 20:26
Yes I hope so Elen. I'm going away for a week to stay with my Dad on Friday, I'm really looking forward to the break and being away from everything here. My youngest boy is going away with his gran so I will have peace too.
When I come back I'm going to be seeing someone about my drinking, these bad psychotic episodes always seem to happen when I have had a drink.

Elen
08-08-12, 20:33
A break sounds just what you need. Make sure you enjoy yourself.

If the alcohol is causing a problem it probably is a good idea to try and sort it out.

Your GP should be able to help get the right contacts.

Have a great time at your Dad's.

shotokansho
08-08-12, 20:41
Thanks so much xxx