PDA

View Full Version : Back After A Long 2 years Panic Free :(

GemmaG87x
05-08-12, 20:43
Hiya all I'm back on here after having a 2 year anxiety and panic free period unfortunalty its come back :( hope ur all ok :)

nomorepanic
05-08-12, 20:55
Hi GemmaG87x

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Shrimp37
05-08-12, 20:57
Sorry to hear it has come back. How did you overcome it the first time?

Feelinblue
05-08-12, 21:01
Hello Gemma. Tell us more. I had good control over my anxiety for around 5 years when I was in a steady relationship but now I have more frequent bouts. But this thread is not about me. Lets get helping you

GemmaG87x
05-08-12, 21:09
Sorry to hear it has come back. How did you overcome it the first time? I was on meds and they have stopped working :( x

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

I was on here 3 years ago after having my 2 children I started of with postnatal depression which then turned into health anxiety its awful noone seems to understand what ur going through but at least people on here make me feel like I'm not alone and there are other people with the same illness as me :) xx:weep:

nicola1980
05-08-12, 21:09
Hi gemma what meds are you on? Maybe you need an increase? X x

vaderman
05-08-12, 21:12
hi i can say im like you anxiety went away for about 2 years and has just come back .all i can say is dont give up and go talk to your gp.if not a family member or friend

GemmaG87x
05-08-12, 21:14
Hiya nicola I'm on duloxotine and I'm on the highest dose they can prescribe which is 120mg xx

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

hi i can say im like you anxiety went away for about 2 years and has just come back .all i can say is dont give up and go talk to your gp.if not a family member or friend
Thanks I will try u will understand how hard it is tho when people don't understand hope ur ok and keep ur chin up :)

nicola1980
05-08-12, 21:15
Maybe its time for a med review with your gp, you might need a change in meds x x

GemmaG87x
05-08-12, 21:19
Yeah I've been and I'm being referred to mental health team before they will change my meds lot of messing about but hopefully will be worth it x

Jaycee
05-08-12, 23:22
Hi ,
Sorry to hear that yr having a rough patch :weep:When you say 2 years panic free ... Is that without any symptoms !! I just wondered as I've not really lost control in over 19 yrs but always live with symptoms eg Dp&Dr .. And having good & bad days untill a month ago when I had full blown attack that has caused the normal bearable symptoms to be heightened & harder to shake ... I've never took meds or had any therapy :-/ although I'm now being referred to a well being team .... I've longed for release from this illness .. So was just wondering if you had full release during those two yrs ... Sorry for long post :blush:

Hope your back on track soon xx

GemmaG87x
05-08-12, 23:48
Hiya yeah it was completely symptom free I'd have the odd attack but last few seconds and I could rationalize it but over the last 2 months its come back like a bad smell :( hope ur ok and sorry to hear u been suffering for that long I'm here if u wanna chat :) xx

Serenitie
06-08-12, 04:29
:welcome: I hope that you make good progress with your recovery. You've done it once, you can do it again :)

GemmaG87x
06-08-12, 20:08
Thank-you xx

Jaycee
07-08-12, 14:17
Thanks ... Let us know how you get on x