PDA

View Full Version : A Must Read Book...

Meewah
05-08-12, 23:38
Hi

Just Read the happiness trap on my kindle. Only 99p. I feel this will be a great help for me. I have read about 50% so far and it really makes sense.

http://www.thehappinesstrap.com/

Hope it helps others.

Mee

kittikat
05-08-12, 23:42
My therapist printed me off some of the chapters in this book...very interesting. I may buy it myself, it makes a lot of sense!! Good luck with it.

Kitti :)

Meewah
06-08-12, 11:18
Thanks. Read a bit more at 5.30 this morning. As someone who has studied Buddhism for 6 years I find it is identical but still it goes against what we are led to believe and our methods for finding happiness. It is happiness through the knowing that bad things happen and that anxiety is a normal part of existence. Once you grasp this inital fact you can allow all these feelings and thoughts back in to your life and basically dilute them and remove there power over you. You can "accept".

Quick update; I purchased this book on my kindle for 99p but it seems this was a TIME LIMITED OFFER AND SEEMS TO BE £5 ISH. Sorry.

Mee

BobbyDog
06-08-12, 13:17
Read all the rave review's on Amazon and ordered myself a copy, just hope I will be able to concentrate enough to read it. Interesting.

PanicOver!!
06-08-12, 14:36
Hi
Thanks for the recommendation its a great read

its actually £5.49 for Kindle but worth the money

theharvestmouse
06-08-12, 17:54
I bought 'The confidence Trap' a couple of weeks ago, I'm half way through it and I have found it very good as well.

jade1978
06-08-12, 20:07
Ive got this too on my Kindle, really impressed with it actually its really good

Amandala
06-08-12, 23:03
I downloaded it last night, seems really interesting so far :)

Meewah
10-08-12, 23:45
Its great to have all this good feedback. It is a completely different view on Happiness and getting rid of those demons. It makes real sense to me even though I will need to put the effort in to make it work. If only I could get some support with the book it would be a great help.

Mee

neowallace
11-08-12, 08:24
Just bought it from Amazon I think it was about £9 but well worth it and I have only read about 20 pages. It seems to hit a spot already. Looking forward to doing the exercises as well. I feel already it has altered my expectations on life and what true happiness is. Thanks for the tip on that one Meewah....:winks:

Steven:yesyes:

Nostromo
11-08-12, 08:58
A great book to make you see life differently is called 'The Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch. It's amazing. If you don't want to get the book, you can see the author give a talk about it, covering the basic life lessons, on You Tube. Just type in 'The Last Lecture'.

potato11
11-08-12, 15:11
Great book Meewah! :)