PDA

View Full Version : Reading problem, can anxiety cause this ?

JonnyUK
06-08-12, 02:55
I love reading, but since my latest "relapse" with heath issues unknown, I have had difficulty reading (been about 2 to 3 weeks now), my eyes don't flow as well as they should. I can still read but I tend to skim rather than read and flow each line.

It happened after I had yet another dropping "I am going to faint" moment that I seem to get often. This time it happened during a laughing fit. I said to my friend I have to get out, so I went outside and just breathed a lot until I felt better. For about 5 days I had a killer migraine and felt a bit odd. The headache has gone but my reading problem has remained.

I am positive I suffer from GAD, self diagnosis, but I can't understand how that could cause a feeling I will faint while laughing, the need to get outside for fresh air, and the bad headache. I am unsure if I am right to blame everything on anxiety, but then I read so many similar stories to lots of my problems that I think they probably are due to that.

So is there any logical reason why I should now find it harder to read ? Can that ever be an anxiety issue ?

Thanks all.

shotokansho
06-08-12, 11:35
Hi there.
I know how you feel. I love reading, I read the newspaper every day and read my book in the evening. I also sometimes can't read properly, sometimes it's like I'm skimming the sentences without actually taking any of it in. I will get to a bit and feel confused so I will have to go back and read the sentence before. It's really frustrating because I love reading so much.
My doctor said it's probably lack of concentration due to anxiety, I am tending to believe him because this mainly happens when I am down. I am reading and other thoughts come into my head.