PDA

View Full Version : Hello! About Paroxetin

ema75
22-07-06, 14:29
I'm new on this forum, i was diagnosed with panic disorder, agoraphobia and anxiety. My first attack took place a month ago and took me to the emergency room... They scanned me for stroke, but finnaly doctor said that is about panic disorder.
I've tried naturist healling, but was not enough, because since then i couldn't get out from house... When i step out from my block i feel like "coming" again that miserable sensations: sufocation, palpitations, dizzines...
This week i went to another psihiatrist who gave me Seroxat (Paroxetin) and Xanax... I wish i could say i'm feeling better, but i coldn't... I want to know from your experience, which are the benefits and the dangerous side effects of this medicine, Paroxetin...
Thanks a lot.

trac67
22-07-06, 14:38
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
22-07-06, 15:12
Hi and welcome aboard.

I have never personally used these meds but I am sure others will be along soon who have.

Hope we can be of some help.

You could always go to the medication forum and browse under there cos I know there are some posts about those meds.

Nicola

ema75
22-07-06, 15:15
Okay. Thanks for advise, Nicola. All the best!

chucklehound
22-07-06, 15:50
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Twila
22-07-06, 16:27
Hello ema, I have never taken Paroxetin, but have taken Xanax off and on for 15 years. It has helped me to keep my sanity. Although it can be habit forming so be careful. Maybe you can leave your house because it feels like the only safe place you have. Try to take one step at a time, like just standing outside your house for awhile every day. You don't have to push yourself to much. I have go outside of my home to work even when I am having PAs so I just try to take some medicine and pray for the strenght to get through the day. When I have one i stop what I am doing and do my deep breathing and repeat that it is okay I will be okay. It takes alot of will power to beat these darn things. I hope you can find some help here at this forum. You are not alone and do not have to suffer alone.:) So just drop in when you feel alone or scared!!!

Twila

Daisybun
22-07-06, 16:29
Hi ema and welcome to NMp. There's lots of help and support here. As Twila says one step at a time and you'll get there.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

ema75
22-07-06, 17:24
Thanks a lot, guys. :D
I really didn't expect some answers so soon and i'm really glad that i have at least someone on this nice forum to talk to about my scary situation. My family and my friends show respect and attention to my problem, they are very affectionated and carry, but you know it's hard for me to talk over and over with them about my fears and scary sensations... I need them as much i need your support, especially that most of you "really knows" what i'm talking about.
I'm kind of out of my mind right now... Tuesday it will be my first day to go to work... I'm very scary... I don't know if i'll handle that travel (i'll be leaving my house for at least 6 hours), i don't know if i'll suffocate in the car... Ohh, God... I'll pray for strenght and wisdom, how to react in case of a "new attack"...
I'll take my meds with me (will be "a nice ang big bag")...[:P]
About xanax i dont know what to expect... I'm taking right now just a half of a pil, just before getting asleep... I'm much worried about these hotty days (temperature is very high, up to 35 degrees)... Maybe this heat could be worsening my panic, i dont know... I hope to breath normal and to have control of my mind. I will get of from house daily just on step of time, as you advise me...
All the best for the best "fighters"!;)

polly daydream
22-07-06, 20:05
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

giddy
23-07-06, 07:00
Hello ema and welcome to the forum
love Helen

hadee73
23-07-06, 07:37
HI Ema,

With medication you also need to do breathing excercise, meditation etc that will develope your mental strength. Ignore the fear.....go outside...nothing will happen. Fear of fear is very bad to increase the anxiety. So be calm.

Hadi

ema75
23-07-06, 12:35
Hadi,

thanks for your advise. But you know, its almost impossible TO BE CALM when you suffocate and feel like going crazy....In that momment i try very hard to keep control of my breath (countering to 7 for inspiration/10 for expiration) - i dont know if its right/wrong, i've read it on internet this tehnique - but it's scares me to death really going outside by bus or by car....[V]
To walk on my feet it's ok, but not going on wheels... Strange, but truth...

Could you give me more advises about keeping panic away from me? I'll apreciate it a lot. Thanks.

alexis
23-07-06, 15:50
Hi just to say Welcome, no knowledge of meds, but hope you find lots of useful info here.xxx

ema75
23-07-06, 15:57
Thanks, o really did some useful info here and support too...;)

Coyote
24-07-06, 01:33
Hello and welcome Ema!

I've been on Paroxitine for 6+ years now, and they totally changed my life. But what works well with one person, doesn't always the other - the same with most medications. I was one of the lucky ones that Paroxetine works for.

But like all medication, there are pros and cons. Paroxetine (brand - Seroxat) was linked to all sorts of scary things, but I think the research is general at best, because I've experienced a lot of the nasty things they speak of.

While I take them everyday etc, thats fine, but if I miss them for a few days, I notice that I start to get emotional, over sensitive, angry, irritable and so forth. But this would be the case with most anti-depressents, because of the chemical changes they work in the brain.

I'd recommend seeing if they make a difference - give them a chance to get into your system properly. Keep an eye (or even a diary) of how you feel, or changes in your feelings that you consciously notice. Good or bad, share them with your doctor, because if Paroxetine doesn't work well with you, another will probably be tried. Many of us who have anti-depressents know that it can take a trial of a few to find the one that suits us best.

On closing, I'd just like to say that many of us can relate to your horror stories, and as frightening as it is, its good to know we don't walk alone with our problems. This site has brought me a great deal of psychological comfort, and I hope it does you too.

Warmest Regards,

Ricardus

"Where is the honour, the courage and will? The ability to smile - confined to a pill"

Southern_Belle
24-07-06, 16:41
Hi Ema,

Welcome to the forum. I replied to your other post regarding paxil. I too have been on it for quite awhile and have found it to be a life saver for me for anxiety and ocd. Please pm me with any questions you may have regarding this medication. You will make many friends here and receive loads of information. Take care.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"