PDA

View Full Version : Hi, everyone! About Paroxetin (Seroxat, Paxil)

ema75
22-07-06, 15:22
It's there anyone who took, is taken or knows more about Paroxetin (Seroxat, Paxil)? My psihiatrist gave me this week this med in combination with Xanax (alprazolam). I really need to know more about it, how eficient it is or how dangerous side effects it has.
Thanks,
a new member of "panic disorder" community (complementary, "agoraphobic" too )
:D

kate
22-07-06, 15:58
Sorry, never been on them myself, but I'm sure that someone who has will be along to give you advice soon.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

ksmith
22-07-06, 16:04
Hi there

I was prescribed paroxetine and after taking just one tab I nearly went off my head!!! I know all SSRIs have side effects but this was over the top. Ended up in A & E with the mother of all panics. Now on prozac which I find easier to cope with and apparently easier to come off of than paroxetine. However, how do you know what will suit you unless you try? Good luck

Kay

Southern_Belle
24-07-06, 03:55
Ema,

I have been on paxil for years and for me (just speaking for me) it has helped me immensely. It was prescribed for anxiety and ocd. I tried other andi-depressants, but for me, this was the easiest for me to get on (caused the least headaches) and eased my anxiety the best. The others increased my anxiety. I will say, however, that I have heard that it is difficult to go off of once started. I do not know how difficult the others are to go off of though. I did try to go off of it myself but my ocd came back to bad. Please pm me with any questions you may have.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"