PDA

View Full Version : help for relaxing

susie
22-07-06, 16:37
i dont know if this will help but to help me relax i have started doing cross stitch it is very reaxing and help take my mind of my feelings i have made some loverly stuff and i listen to classical music while i do this

kate
22-07-06, 16:42
Glad to hear you have found something that is helpful to you.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

alexis
22-07-06, 17:18
Hi Susie, I love cross stitch, Ive just asked my mum to get me some aida so i can pick this hobby up again, Ive been too anxious/depressed for months but now feel ready to start again, Jigsaws are the same for me, lol.
Its great when you can find something to help.
xx

Twila
22-07-06, 17:22
Hello Susie, How great that you have found a way to hope yourself cope. I was also trying to find a relaxing hobby.

Twila

Jenny
22-07-06, 20:23
I have taken up knitting again. There are some really nice patterns about just now. I have just finished 2 bolero tops.

Jenny xxxx

Southern_Belle
28-07-06, 19:14
Hi Susie,

I may try cross stitching, I have just taken up knitting and am doing a scarf, so after that will try.

Jenny, wow 2 tops, way to go.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

garnet
28-07-06, 19:57
Hi evryone!

I used to cross-stitch too, but I gave up a while back. I must start again, cos it requires concentration, so your mind can't wander onto negative things.

Another good idea is playing musical instruments or art. These are creative and provide a good outlet for your emotions, but you can deal with them in a more constructive manner.

eeyorelover
28-07-06, 21:27
I read somewhere that people with anxiety are more creative. Could be because we have to find something to keep our minds busy - lol
I love to crochet but can't make anything except afghans cuz all the books are for right handed people and I am a lefty - figures huh??!!
xxx
Sandy

Lindalou64
27-08-06, 19:21
most definetley have to find a hobbie or something that keeps ya busy.............Linda[8D]

Granny Primark
27-08-06, 20:35
I tried rug making but soon got bored of it.
Ive tried most craft things but im useless at them.
I did an nvq 2 years ago and loved to doing the homework.
Perhaps its time i did another one.

Take care
Lynn