PDA

View Full Version : Panicking with alcohol

zylarox123
07-08-12, 04:42
okay this might be a long one, and im hoping someone can help me! im nearly 18 and ive been drinking since i was roughly 15/16. i never had a problem with it, never gotten too drunk that i pass out or anything like that. i used to handle it well and not get hangovers. and probably since december (cant pinpoint it) i feel like sometimes when i drink when it first hits me it kind of starts to freak me out like i dont like the feeling of not being sober almost. i think im fine when im drinking and dancing or moving around but if its like a chill gathering then i dont like just sitting there. theres so many things tied in with this aswell. i have danced for 13 years and stopped almost 2 years ago and wasnt doing any excercize, then i started getting the feeling of a tight chest and when i drink its worse and i can have panic attacks! so then i went to the doctors in january and i had to do a spirometry adn couldnt even do that properly and then the doctor said i had anxiety but there wasnt really anyhting i was anxious about, like i worry about things but doesnt everybody? so then i think that kind of made me think i actually did have anxiety and yeh everythings weird now. but the main problem is drinking and why i dont like it anymore as much!!!!!

BobbyDog
07-08-12, 06:48
I would say, if you can recognise a trigger for your anxiety, which in this case seems to be alcohol, don't do it until you are feeling better.