PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with my life not moving forward, stuck in a rut

GirlAfraid23
07-08-12, 13:12
I'm 23, living at home with my parents, can't drive & have a part time job.

I don't feel like I have moved any more forward in my life than when I was 16.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years - will be 4 next May and he's not bothered about moving out or moving forward in our lives.
I wanted to start looking at flats etc but he's not interested, I know he loves me and wants to be with me but he just won't make that step.
I don't want to get to 5/6 years and still be living with our parents. He's quite happy to just amble along but I want to start being independent.

This whole situation is making my anxiety bad and I keep panicking that my life will never start

Jaycee
07-08-12, 13:28
Hi
Being stuck at home can some times seem like a drag and make you feel your not going anywhere .... But it can also have its advantages !! Why don't you Start taking the first steps .. Open an account and start saving for deposits ect .. . This way your boyfriend will see you are very serious and what ever happens you at least have made a start ... It can be quite rewarding seeing the amount grow knowing its your hard work :D good luck

Gregor
08-08-12, 11:13
I know it's probably obvious, but is your boyfriend living with you at your parents' house? if you're living separately, you could perhaps take the first step alone and find your own flat?

One word of warning, though. It can be more anxiety-provoking living away from home. You have more responsibilities, bills, etc. It depends if you suffer badly from anxiety. It can also have it's rewards, though, so it's worth balancing all that up.

If you're close to your parents, perhaps getting some advice from them could help.

Take care.

johnielov
13-08-12, 08:32
That's usually happen to any other couples nowadays, my friend have aproblem same as you but when she tried to open up her feelings about their relationship the guy made a plan about moving together. Maybe you should say whatever you truly feels too to your boyfriend too. A heart-to-heart talk:)