PDA

View Full Version : URGENT, fleshy bump top back of my head.

ohmygod...
07-08-12, 15:10
I started smoking around the end of May so around 2 months now. I smoke heavily some nights. I know a lot of you may say I deserve this, but I've been paranoid about getting a brain tumor. This morning I felt the back of my head and felt a bump that is fleshy. I can grab on to the skin around it. It's not like that on the other side. I dunno if it's a lymph node from me squeezing my skin or what but I'm super scared. I just turned 18 and I don't want to die yet. Any ideas what this could be?

swgrl09
07-08-12, 15:19
Where is it located? Does it move around at all? Could be a harmless lymph node, a cyst, anything really. I'm sure a doc could tell you really quickly. I have a cyst on the back of my neck and they were able to tell me what it was in 2 seconds. You're young, I doubt it's related to smoking.

ohmygod...
07-08-12, 15:21
It's on the top, back, right side of my head. I can move the skin around it, but there's a bump underneath. I dunno WHAT the **** it is. It's really freaking me out though and Google doesn't really have anything helping me.

Annie0904
07-08-12, 15:21
My son had one at about the same age on his neck and he went to the doctors because he was worrying about it. The doctor told him it was just a cyst and nothing to worry about. I am sure yours will be the same. If you are worried go to see your doctor just to put your mind at rest but I think it sounds like a cyst.

ohmygod...
07-08-12, 15:22
Also, it's painless and for all I know it could have been there for awhile I just haven't felt it.

Annie0904
07-08-12, 15:23
It does sound very much like a cyst

ohmygod...
07-08-12, 15:25
What would you do about a cyst?

Annie0904
07-08-12, 15:29
Nothing, it should eventually go by itself and they are completely harmless.

ohmygod...
07-08-12, 15:33
Wow thank you so much. I dunno if you're right, but it sounds pretty right to me. You calmed me down quite a bit even though I'm still a little paranoid.

Annie0904
07-08-12, 15:38
Make an appointment to see your doctor so that he can confirm it then you will stop worrying :)

JStewart1
08-08-12, 00:09
Is it like in the centre like where your spine meets the head?