PDA

View Full Version : I want my anxiety to STOP!

Gregor
22-07-06, 19:53
Hi,

I've been making remarkable progress the past couple of months. From not leaving the house for a year, i'm now making regular trips out - mainly assisted, but this week i've been out 3 times on my own. I really should be so happy with myself and how things are going, but i just want to move to the next level - i want to not feel any anxiety when out, i want to feel normal at home. I just can't stop the feelings of anxiety and i so much want them to go away.

How do i move to that next level?

Gregor

www.therapyfinda.com
www.therapyfinda.com/blogs/members.php?membername=Gregor

alexis
22-07-06, 20:04
Take your time Gregor, it sounds like you are doing superb but a little impatient too, as many of us are, Dont rush,accept it that you are doing great and take your time!!!

nomorepanic
22-07-06, 20:17
Gregor

Well done so far - sounds like you are making progress

Practice is the way to lessen the anxiety - do it over and over and soon you will see that the symptoms lessen.

Also relaxation and correct breathing will help tremendously.

Good luck.

Nicola

Eclipse
22-07-06, 20:33
Hi Gregor,
Well done with the progress but agree with alexis & nicola.
Slow & steady will win the day!!!
Your determination & enthusiasm are to be admired though...well done
:D
Magz
XX

polly daydream
22-07-06, 20:34
Well done so far on your progress, just take it step by step just as you are doing and don't be in such a hurry, little progress is better than none at all, you will get there in the end.

Best wishes,

Polly

Will Loynes
22-07-06, 21:41
Hi Gregor,
Im in a very similar position, It feels like losing so much of life to this dreadfull illness that when we see a chink of light we leap towards it. Sometimes this can be misleading tho, and upseting when setbacks occur.
Be kind to yourself, enjoy the good days, dont be to harsh on yourself if you have a bad day, above all, dont run to fast. Life is fragile.

Good luck with your continued success

Will [8D]

Coni
23-07-06, 10:32
Hi Gregor,

what the others have said is so true.... you are doing brilliantly. Be kind to yourself, and patient and allow yourself to keep moving at a comfrotable pace and you will get there!

You are doing so well.

Well done!

Coni X

chucklehound
23-07-06, 11:21
Well done, you are making great proress.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

honeybee3939
23-07-06, 12:13
Hi

Well done Gregor with the great progress you have made,

like the others say one step at a time, you will get there!

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Gregor
23-07-06, 17:19
Thanks for all your replies. I know i sound impatient and i should take things slowly, but as you know, it's hard to keep on day to day like this, dealing with the constant anxiety, worrying about being ill all the time, not being able to live a normal life. I just want all that to be over. I don't understand why this has happened to me, i don't think it's right that i should have to worry so much about trying to get out the house when others don't. If i want to go somewhere, shouldn't i just be able to get up and go?? Others can, so why can't i? I just feel so happy with my progress, but so low all the time as well. It's very mixed emotions.

Sorry for my rant!

Gregor

www.therapyfinda.com
www.therapyfinda.com/blogs/members.php?membername=Gregor

jdoody
24-07-06, 15:49
Gregor
Have you ever tried to look at it that you will never be free from these feelings completely, I think like me alot of people are waiting for the day the anxiety disappears, but in reality they will just fade as we learn to accept them and not be scared.
Well done by the way you are doing amazing

J.Doody