PDA

View Full Version : Need help desperately!

dboy
07-08-12, 16:59
Really need advice ASAP! I'm getting married very soon but going through a massive 'doubting' phase at the moment which I can't shift. I was fine before excited about the wedding, and had no real second thoughts. Now Im seriously questioning not just if I want to get married, but if I love my girlfriend at all! :(

This was brought on, because I had some anxiety about her having a hen do due to trust and insecurity issues on my part but I almost stopped it. However I didn't as if I realised the surest way to drive her into another mans arms was to not let her go out and if I didn't trust her enough to go out for one girls night out then we shouldn't be getting married.

I spoke to a friend about it, and he asked if I was sure I wasn't trying to put my fiancé off marrying me. I know it wasn't and why would I be so worried about her possibly cheating on me if I didn't want to be with her? My mate said he was only joking, but the thought stuck with me, and triggered my anxiety.

Now I feel numb about the wedding and I'm analysing every thought and feeling I've ever had towards my partner!

With less then 3 weeks until the big day I want to be enjoying the build up like I was before and feeling like a million bucks like when I popped the question with no second thoughts in my head.

BobbyDog
07-08-12, 17:40
It all sounds like pre-wedding nerves to me, with a little anxiety thrown in the mix.
You really need to confide in someone who knows both of you, but it is a decision that only you can make.

Congratulations by the way:D