PDA

View Full Version : Hi, newbie here :)

busybee09
07-08-12, 18:09
Hi, i'm Natalie
I find this website really calming at times because im a huuuge health hypochondria and worry/panic about stuff that you shouldn't even bother worrying about! I try to find the funny side of my panic which helps.

. Since feeling dizzy for the first time 8 years ago, i have feared being dizzy since that day and think about it all the time resulting in me thinking i am dizzy and going to pass out, especially when im alone or in public situations.

.From being introduced to panic attacks 3 years ago i now fear i can't breathe and this has made my health hypochondria rocket into catasprohization.

. I also worry about stupid stupid stupid stuff like the world ending or a freak world thing happening.

If you were to meet me you'd never know i had a panic disorder!

What kinda of worry do you guys have?

Annie0904
07-08-12, 18:17
I worry about just about everything! My kids (youngest now 22!) Have stopped telling me where they are going because they know I will worry if I know they have left their houses! I also feel dizzy in certain situations and I broke my foot 8 weeks ago and fainted at the hospital, now every time I go to get it checked at the hospital I have a panic attack thinking I am going to faint again. I also think the worst every time I am ill and at the moment I am panicking that my foot will never heal!

nomorepanic
07-08-12, 18:22
Hi nattynatt

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Anxious lu
07-08-12, 23:42
I too suffer health anxiety. I can only ever have the worst illness and it turns out to be something like acid reflux. I've only been aware of my anxiety for a couPle of months and it's only become health related in the last few weeks.
I find that the anxiety itself is causing health issues such as severe aches, swollen throat and acid.. It's like a vicious circle.
My main worry is the swollen throat and my pains in the back shoulder and arm although I hope these are due to tension,

:) x