PDA

View Full Version : is this part of anxiety or something else

Alamie
07-08-12, 19:25
hi guys i am freaking myself out because i am so scared of anxiety creeping up on me i create it so like i will be sitting talking to someone and start to tell myself weird anxious things like about the world and the person talking to me and looking at me then i question existance and it's like is this person i'm talking to really here or a vision and is tthis life really real or am i in some dream state type of thing i can't even describe the full extent of what i mean it's like i question reality, life, humans when people talk i try and make myself paranoid some how like i'll start looking at them and thinking how weird humans are and how a sound comes from them and this is their voice and that's the main basis of life and i feel so overwhelemed by it all and scared that i'm questioning every little thing it's making day to day living scary as fk! like the world around me and the items around me i sometimes feel as if everythings too surreal and it's doing my head in ;( plz ftell me this is normal for anxiety and not something worse going on in my head? does it even make sense? does any1 else get or do this?
why do i intentionally seem to try n make myself think horrible thoughts like this to make myself get scared :(

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

it's like i'm scared of my own mind so there is no escaping it :( scared of losing control of my mind and scared of anxiety

nomorepanic
07-08-12, 19:28
This sounds like depersonalization/derealisation

Alamie
07-08-12, 20:02
really? isn't that where u just feel like you are not here and you are in a dream like state cos i do get that too but this feels more a fear of idk i can't really even explain what i mean :( which frustrates me. like i will read too much into humans and life and then think oh shit and feel overwhelmed by life and whoever is talking to me as if humans are weird to me or something. i can't explain at all sorry ):

Laurabaz
07-08-12, 22:22
Yes I get this all the time I think that's what's mostly keeps me panicking. I say exactly the same thing to people that I'm scared of my own mind! Cause I always over think things and life and what happens when we die ect. Some times I actually feel have I already died and am I just imagining all this?! It's so weird and horrible but it's so hard to stop thinking and feeling like that when your scared of your mind! Your defo not alone and I hope you start to feel better it's not nice feeling they way we do :hugs: good luck.

mikek747
08-08-12, 13:37
Your not alone in thinking these thoughts & doubting reality