PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety symptoms or something worse?

Anxious lu
07-08-12, 20:25
I had my first attack a couple of months ago. It came on for absolutely no reason and I fear that it has developed into health anxiety.

Even though I know looking on sites such as google for reassurance is the worst thing to do I find myself on it for most f the day.

For the past couple of days I have been plagued with pain in my back shoulder and arm through to the hand. It comes and goes mostly when im distracted but at times can be bad. I also sometimes get a swollen feeling in my throat. I have been in medication prescribed for acid reflux but
Not sure If it's that. I'm constantly worrying its something worse but am embarrassed to visit the doctor again. The more I think about it the worse it becomes. Does anybody else get this?

X

cattia
08-08-12, 00:06
Are you using a phone and laptop a lot? I am guessing you are if you're on google. I get these sort of symptoms a lot when my anxiety is bad, I think it comes from being super tense when you're looking stiff up and it locks up your muscles. I get shooting pain and aching from my shoulder and into my arm and wrist, also in ky thumb and finger joint. I think it is a sort of RSI thing but mine only bothers me when I am super anxious.

Anxious lu
08-08-12, 02:20
Yes I am constantly on my phone googling symptoms and always coming up with the worst. I too get the pains in my fingers and thumb. I didn't realise anxiety would effect my body like this the other night I was up until 4am because my back And shoulder was bad. The more I worried over it the worse it got..
What is an RSI thing?

ell1877
08-08-12, 07:54
It's repetitive strain injury basically repeatedly using your muscles/joints nothing to worry about Hun

Xx

Harrison Chase
08-08-12, 08:27
I keep getting the throat thing. The Dr gave me some tablets for acid reflux , but I'm not sure it's that?. I've never had a burning sensation in my throat ?. I do get a heartburn sensation in my chest , but never anything rising to my throat.
I think it might be globus?.
It's never there in the morning when I wake up , but seems to be worse in the evening. It feels tight quite a lot , also feels like there is something below my adams apple sometimes.

Anxious lu
08-08-12, 10:12
Thanks I've looked into repetitive strain injury and it makes sence that repetitive actions mixed with stress can make you ache. I use that arm a lot at one of my
Jobs which I was working when it came on.

Harrison I am the opposite I went to the doctor because when I breathed the back oft throat gets a cold sensation. I don't get the bad chest pains but he still prescribed me for acid reflux. It's only since then that the throat swelling feeling
Started and mine too comes on at the end of the day although if I think about it, like I am right now it comes on before..

I'm seeing a doctor this evening about a couple of things so I'll post what she says about my throat.