PDA

View Full Version : diazepam - done the trial, what now?

eternally optimistic
07-08-12, 20:27
Hi

I havent flown for 6 years having had a break down the last time I was due to go on a family holiday, I didnt make it.

My doctor has prescribed me 15 (now 14.5) 5mg tabs.

I have trialled a half tab, 2.5mg, and dont know what I should be feeling.

I didnt feel any different, in any way shape or form so, does that mean I can stomach taking a whole tab to get me on my way?

Any suggestions glady welcomed...

Thanks

nomorepanic
07-08-12, 21:00
If you don't feel any calmer or more relaxed then it isn't working for you so try 5mg

When did you take it?

eternally optimistic
07-08-12, 21:25
Hi Nicola

I took it this morning and I although I didnt know what to feel, I "think" I might have felt a light bit different, but that was more to do with my awaiting something...

I had a breakdown last time I planned a "flying" holiday and, you might say, why attempt it again BUT, I have to do it for me and my family.
I need my kids to know I dont shy away from everything, and to let my parents be reassured I am coping with life (not that they would want me to do this for them).

I am going away from your question but, for me, this is such a big thing which could make everything feel so much better, even if it is dealing it with tabs.

Anyway, although, I dont anticipate using 15.5 no, 5mgs, during a weeks holiday!!!!!!??? can you imagine, I think I might have to try taking the 5mgs.

This time, I am so aware of my body and the bloody tricks it plays on me and my head - so, that might help me.

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING TO THIS AND MY OTHER POST REGARDING THIS, AND THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SITE :bighug1:

nomorepanic
07-08-12, 21:28
When I last flew I took 1mg and it was enough for me so we are all different I think.

I was still able to drive after taking Diazepam so it relaxed me but didn't knock me out.

Good luck with the holiday.

Just a thought but I used hypnotherapy to get me back on a plane - have you thought about that?

.. and you are welcome

kittikat
07-08-12, 21:29
I agree with Nicola, 2.5 is a very low dose and you wouldn't really notice much of a change anyway. Depending on what time you fly, you may need a little bulid up in your system...so for example, take one 5mg the night before you fly and another in the morning and maybe one about half an hour before take off. Just a thought, but I have a friend that does this and it works really well for her. Good luck, Kitti :)

eternally optimistic
07-08-12, 21:44
Thank you guys . . . . . . .

Nicola - I will try anything when it comes to anxiety LOL...

Kittikat - that advice is very sensible. Probably makes sense.

Cheers peeps...