PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety :0(

sandylane
07-08-12, 20:41
Hi everyone,
so glad i have found someone to talk to about the way i feel, have been anxious since my second daughter was born and she is nearly 6 !! so everbody tells me its good to talk :) i was on fluoxetine for about a year and that seemed to help but i took myself off of them when i felt better. 4 years later and my anxiousness has returned. i was put on citalopram 20mg a few weeks ago and the first 3 days were wonderful then on the 3rd night i felt so sick and kept feeling faint, my heart was racing and i dont know how i managed work the next day. so i stopped taking them as they also heightened my anxiety to a level that i could not cope with. i went back to doc yesterday and said i so need help, she gave me sertraline 50 mg but i havent taken any yet as am so scared of feeling like i did on the citalopram :0(. any advice would be much appreciated thanks xx

Serenitie
07-08-12, 20:44
:welcome: There is lots of support available on here :)

nomorepanic
07-08-12, 20:51
Hi sandylane

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sandylane
07-08-12, 21:13
thanks Nic and Serenitie, i am already feeling more positive :)

kittikat
07-08-12, 21:19
Hi & welcome,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Have you checked through the meds section, lots useful info and threads on specific meds there. I hope you get what you need from being here, it's a great site. Take care.

Kitti :)

cjh
08-08-12, 08:09
Hi,

I am on Sertraline for Anxiety too. Years ago I was put onto Citalopram and like you the side effects were horrendous so was transfered onto Mirtazapine, I came off these when I felt better and was fine until a few months ago when the anxiety returned. I went back onto Mirtazapine but it didn't work this time round so was put onto Sertraline and like you I was petrified of the side effects as it's a SSRI. I'm not going to say there weren't any side effects because there was but they do go, the main things for me were night sweats, nausea and an increase in anxiety. Nothing like the Citalopram! I have increased my dose twice now and with every increase I had side effects but after a couple of weeks they go. Everyone is different and you might not experience any side effects at all and some people on here have had just that - nothing. Good luck and I hope you start to feel better soon xx

sandylane
10-08-12, 23:00
thanks kittikat and cjh it means alot to talk to someone who is going through similar experience. I started taking sert today, already i feel nauseous but think it might just be in my head :0) keep getting palpitations too which is scary and i feel like im shaking inside, maybe this is the anxiety and not side effects of sertraline. FFS just want to feel normal whatever that is. We will see, keep posting xx