PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

silver
22-07-06, 21:41
Hello Everyone, I would like to say hello and introduce myself. I live in Norfolk, England. I am 65 years of age and have been having panic attacks since about 1960, So you would think I am an old hand by now, unfortunately or fortunately I have long periods when I dont get one and when they start again it is just like new. Todays monster started because I had a blood test last week and the results were not good by a long chalk! My consultant hemotologist would not give me the figures but suggested I made a GP appointment, which I have done.... meanwhile back in the real world, I am having pins and needles because of tension and hyperventilating. It is not so bad now. So back to my discription. Longish silver hair (I refuse to have a granny haircut), I have 3 children and 2 grandchildren all living about 100 miles away. I have 2 cats for company and dispite arthritis manage to get out quite a bit. My hobbies are art and knitting with a lot of TV thrown in. So if you see a demented mad woman shaking and knitting it is me..... Hello!

Will Loynes
22-07-06, 21:51
Hi Janet,
Welcome to NMP, I'm sure you make many freinds on this site as I have.
Sorry to hear about your blood tests this week.
Its nice to have another cat owner joining our ranks. I have 3, they are great company and calm me down on the most anxious of days.

All the best

Will [8D]

silver
22-07-06, 22:44
Thanks Will, one of the cats is really my daughters but she is at Uni and I cant see her having it back as it has lived with me since I got it and its friend at a local rescue centre. They are very good for bringing you out of yourself. :D. The trouble is they bring dead mice, frogs, pigeon feathers, any rubbish that takes their fancy, etc in and leave their prize just where you tread when you come down stairs half asleep in the morning.......uhg!

Daisybun
22-07-06, 22:47
Hi janet and welcome to NMP. Sorry to hear about the blood tests, hope it goes better with the GP. i don't have cats but two bunnies. They do make you smile, pets are really good for relieveing anxiety. There's lots of support here

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Granny Primark
22-07-06, 22:56
welcome silver to nmp.
My son and his partner used to live in norfolk.
Ive got pets 4 dogs a cat 2 fish tanks and 2 guinee pigs.
My hubby used to say if ever there came a dog in our home hed be off. Weve got 4 and he still hasnt gone lol.
Im living in hope lol
Glad youve found this site
A big welcome to you

Take care
LYNN

polly daydream
23-07-06, 00:42
Hi Silver and a very big welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your blood tests aren't to good, I hope you get things sorted out asap. Hope you find the site a great help as many of us do.

Take care,

Polly

clickaway
23-07-06, 01:04
Welcome to the site, Silver.

What sort of Art do you do? I have recently posted about an exhibition taking place in Leicester that may interest you Artworks exhibition for mental health sufferers (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11804)

I was up in Norwich and Horsham St Faith last year researching my family history - what a lovely county.

I hope you are able to sort your bloods out with the GP and that you will soon become more stable.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

giddy
23-07-06, 06:58
Hi Silver
Welcome to the forum. Aren't cats great? My big fat moggy seems to sense when I'm down and will alweays come over for a cuddle!
love Helen

silver
23-07-06, 09:45
Thanks for the support. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better. I have decided to give up all the junk food until I get better blood wise. Most of the blood thing is long term so I hope for a change for the better. Breakfast this morning is small tuna sandwich and glass of juice. I think that when the doctor gets hold of me I will be on meat, fish and vegetables, water and bread only for the rest of my natural.....got to be sensible......oh well[Sigh...] (of resignation)! Looking on the positive side it will be good for the waist line and I can go and buy new clothes.....Yes! If you see news head lines about chocolate factories having to close down, blame it on me.

silver
23-07-06, 09:50
Thanks Ray forgot to reply to your question. Mainly watercolours and fabric art, but I dabble a bit in everything except oils which I have not done for about twenty years. I have exhibited in a couple of general exhibitions and sold one or two but nothing professional. I just dabble, I like drawing best, especcially life drawing.

chucklehound
23-07-06, 10:53
Hi Silver and welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

trac67
23-07-06, 13:06
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
23-07-06, 13:37
Hi Silver

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Sounds like you have wicked sense of humour as well - that helps!

Hope you meet some great people here.

Nicola

alexis
23-07-06, 15:42
Hi Silver and welcome, I too have a cat, and a very naughty dog, maybe when you get your blood resuilts properly from the GP it will reassure you a bit,
hope you get lots of useful advice here and make friends,
xxx

manmoor
23-07-06, 15:43
Hi Silver,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

silver
23-07-06, 16:36
Thanks for the support. I guess I freaked out a bit yesterday. I have to go to the hospital regularly to have blood tests as I have very high platelets and I have been on mild chemo for this for about 14 years but over the last year they have increased my dosage several times (this is capsules not the stuff they inject), When I saw the consultant she would not tell me what the readings were like she normally does, just that they were very high also my cholestrol and triglicerides very very high. Also my iron was very low and I guess I just freaked! It is always worse in your head than in real life. Tuesday is the day I se the doctor so hopefully it will get sorted then. Thanks again. [:I]:)

silver
25-01-13, 01:50
Hi I have not been here for quite a while. seven years in fact though I have looked in once or twice after joining. Having rotten panic attack tonight after eating too much bread and jam. being indoors during the snow and after the Christmas lull is not a good thing and one tends to go inside ones'self. Hence the panic attack and my return to the site.
My health is rotten and being on long term mild chemo for 24 years now (too many platelets) and just having breast cancer and mastectomy this last year has left me a little vulnerable. but fighting back as I have just bought a tricycle (cant manage a bycycle, no balance). the prolonged staying in during the snow has further deplete my fitness levels and I cant wait to get out and about again. So hopefully a bit of cycling will get me fitter. Pain in belly = panic attack. :)