PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Amanda and new...

Mand1978
08-08-12, 09:25
Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself as I'm new here and have just posted on the Citalopram forum.

I'm a 33 year old female and have suffered from anxiety/depression/negative body image really from my teens, although it didn't present itself as a real problem until my marriage started to fall apart about 6 years ago.

I started to be very strict about my diet, following weight watchers until my weight dropped drastically low. The more unhappy I felt the more I despised how I looked and the more I needed to control my eating. I was then referred for counselling and put on Citalopram, but didn't really continue with either for that long as my marriage then ended and I stopped taking the tablets as I didn't feel there was any point in getting better.

I then started Citalopram about 6 months later but again only lasted about a month on them before I stopped taking them.

I'm a keen gym goer and go 5-6 days a week, and although I had started putting on a little weight from when I was very low, I have got to the stage where calorie counting is again ruling my life and I am again losing weight (although to me I still don't look good enough).

I also sugger from cleaning OCD and rituals about times of eating/what I eat/not being able to eat in publc etc.

Although I'm finding life on Citalopram really tough 2 weeks in, I'm committed to sticking to it to get better. I'm anxious about any weight gain from the meds and I have been feeling so rubbish that I haven't been able to work out as much, which again has caused my anxiety to worsen, but I had a good gym session last night and feel brighter this morning.

I just really want to be able to have a relationship again (I've been single for 3 years) and to be happy. I can't remember the last time I was really, truly happy :o(

nomorepanic
08-08-12, 09:36
Hi Mand1978

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mand1978
08-08-12, 10:05
Thanks Nicola, I really appreciate it. I'm finding just having a place to turn to for advice and information and to know that I am not alone in what I am feeling is helping already.

Amanda x

BobbyDog
08-08-12, 11:13
I fully understand your situation Amanda, I have had eating disorders in the past. I think it is all down to lack of self confidence. Reards relationships, I think you(we) need to be truly happy with ourselves before we can be happy with someone else.:unsure:

:welcome:

mikek747
08-08-12, 11:51
Hi Amanda, Thanks for your kind words on my post, I know how hard it is to ask for help & I hope this site works for you.