PDA

View Full Version : Please advice or support

saintdee
08-08-12, 13:26
I am freaking out so much, I just had a meeting with my manager as I decided to resign my post due to the pressures of the job. I have been mentally and physically suffering for months now and the physical symptoms are really scaring me. I have no appetite and nausea all day every day, I'm tired, I feel constantly on edge inside and feel so shakey, lump in my throat also. I have also lost weight, I exercised for over a year to lose a couple of stone, but not exercised for months now, but I am still losing weight which is making me think in seriously I'll, but I try to rationalise that if I'm anxious all the time and not eating much then I will lose weight! I can't rationalise though and am I state of constant panic. I want to cry I'm not excited about anything, I want to lay in bed! Please please someone reassure me that anxiety or depression can cause physical symptoms. This is a big cry for help from someone who is on the edge of giving up.

Annie0904
08-08-12, 13:33
All the symptoms you have described are classic symptoms of anxiety. I experience the same and I am sure the majority of people on here will. Nausea is the worst thing for me as I have no appetite. I try to eat a little and more often to get food in me! When my anxiety is at its worst I also just want to stay in bed and I did that for a long time but now find that if I make myself get up and do little tasks it will take my mind off it for a while but sometimes I just want to cry. Anxiety really does cause these physical symptoms.

Itryireallytry
08-08-12, 13:33
Hello Saintdee.
I feel your pain. We all been there. We have all these horrible feelings of anxiety in our body that makes us feel like we are seriously ill.
I felt just like you and still feel sometimes.
A question: Do you take anything for anxiety? Believe me, it makes a difference. I didn't want to admit it, but it really does.
Anxiety can make you feel anything in the world, believe me. Our mind controls EVERYTHING. Understand that all you feel is anxiety wise and allow yourself to relax. You will see a tremendous difference.
Good luck and PM if you need anything else!

:hugs:

saintdee
08-08-12, 15:49
why cant i eat! why am i feeling so much nausea thorughout the day.

im so sad

Annie0904
08-08-12, 15:57
The anxiety is making you feel nauseous. It affects me in the same way. I wish I had a simple answer to make it go away. Like Itryireallytry said do you take anything for your anxiety? If not maybe your doc can help? Have you tried Bach rescue remedy? It is natural and I find it helps. You can buy it online and from most chemists.

saintdee
08-08-12, 16:12
the trouble is that when i dont feel nausea is hould eat, but i dont have an appeitite and have the lump in throat sympton which effects my desire to eat, its a viscous cycle and i cant seem to win.

Annie0904
08-08-12, 16:15
I just try to eat a small amount more regular. Even if I don't feel I want to eat I make myself eat something.

fashionroadkill
08-08-12, 16:57
hiya saintdee,
Im feeling exactly the same at the moment with regards to not being able to eat..I just want my appetite to come back, i want to be able to eat normally but just cant physically manage to eat anything much at all for the past couple of weeks. Im sure its common with anxiety but its a pain in the bum :weep:

saintdee
08-08-12, 17:09
its horrible as it makes you feel sick not eating, then sick if you do eat