PDA

View Full Version : Help with withdrawal symptoms

rferdi
08-08-12, 14:39
Hello,

After 7 years on 5 mg diazepam and 5 mg alprazolam I finally completely stopped taking both around one month ago. I did the Aston method, I started almost 1 year ago, by substituting a little bit of alprazolam with diazepam till I was only taking diazepam then I began gradually decreasing the diazepam till I was taking 1.75. One month ago I stopped entirely. Since then I have been feeling bad then worse and worse and now I am desperate.

Basically my symptoms are I cannot sleep, have very negative thoughts, especially involving being completely scared of the dark at night when I go to bed, and being crazy terrified of a phobia to insects that I have sort of always had. But that's not all, during the day I have begun lately (for the past week or so) to feel very dizzy and like I have a big weight pulling me down from my feet, and I have a weird feeling of irreality. I also have paranoid thoughts about people wanting to do something bad to me etc.

Anyway, the thing is since I cannot stand this feelings anymore I was wondering if maybe I have done this too quick, if maybe I should have continued with the 1.75 for a bit longer. And I am thinking if it would be ok to start taking a bit of diazepam again, to stop the withdrawal symptoms, for example start taking the 1.75 mg again to feel better. With the 1.75 I already felt sort of weird and dizzy but nowhere close to the hell of negative thoughts and paranoias and dizziness that I am going through now.

If someone can give me some advice it'd be very appreciated. Thanks.

kittikat
08-08-12, 16:39
Firstly, you should be very proud of yourself for weaning off. You may be experiencing a blip which you are putting down to the withdrawal of the diaz. The best thing to do is go and have a chat with your doctor to see where you go from here. Good luck.

Kitti :)

rferdi
08-08-12, 21:34
Thank you Kitti, I have an appointment with my doctor for next week, but I'm having such a hard time while I wait that I need advice from someone who understands what this is.

TidyboyTHFC
25-09-12, 01:56
yes defiantly go and speak to your doctor, im currently weaning of diaz, going from 20mg , to 15 and now down to 10mg a day. good luck :)