PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel so tired & drained after a full blown panic attack? :C

meganmuffinsxox
08-08-12, 18:22
well i had an 8-9 hour long attack yesterday & by the time it had ended i could barely sit up straight, i was so tired! is this normal? Btw I've only just developed panic disorder, have a fair amount of questions that i forgot to ask doccy :doh:

nomorepanic
08-08-12, 18:24
Oh yes completely normal - it is very draining.

You probably had high anxiety all day and not a full blown panic attack as such.

Annie0904
08-08-12, 18:26
Feeling anxious all day is very tiring and so are panic attacks. I just want to sleep after. When I had a panic attack at the hospital the doctor said "You will be exhausted now" so it is obviously a normal feeling to be tired with it.

meganmuffinsxox
08-08-12, 18:29
yes it was the longest attack i've had so far, from around 1pm-1am (i managed calm down enough to fall asleep at 1am)

BobbyDog
08-08-12, 18:30
Yes it is normal to feel exhausted after a panic attack. You have put all your physical and mental energy into fighting it. Your muscles and brain will have been on high alert 8-9 hours.

meganmuffinsxox
08-08-12, 18:32
& yeah Annie i did just want to sleep! :P although was hard >< even though i was pretty much drained ><

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Thanks guys! i also tend to get extremely emotional afterwards o.e

Annie0904
08-08-12, 18:41
Yes me too, I cry a lot. I have one of those clocks with sounds on it..I switch the rain drop sound on and try to concentrate on that while I am going to sleep, it helps most of the time.

meganmuffinsxox
08-08-12, 18:44
Yes me too, I cry a lot. I have one of those clocks with sounds on it..I switch the rain drop sound on and try to concentrate on that while I am going to sleep, it helps most of the time.
oh god dont mention it hunnie, but while i have the attack im usually too scared to cry :unsure:
So the tears come after it's over >_<
N ahhh okay :)

Serenitie
08-08-12, 21:01
Try to do something relaxing like have a bath - this relaxes your muscles which get very tense with anxiety

meganmuffinsxox
08-08-12, 22:13
thing is, that sounds good, but i only have a shower :shrug: