PDA

View Full Version : really worried I've got septicemia really anxious

gordie1
08-08-12, 18:22
Hi there the last couple of days I have been feeling nauseated and light headed and very tired last night I noticed I had a really sore toe and it looked all infected so I went to my GP this afternoon and she was really nice she gave me antibiotics for 7 days 4 times a day and she said I have an ingrowing toe nail and she is going to arrange to have the nail removed. I am still feeling really rough a bit shivery and nauseated and now Ive got really anxious and I am convinced I have septicaemia from that. I was googling I know its silly how would I know if I had this and I am a diabetic so I have to be careful (type 2) with my feet I am now really worried I am going to lose my toe my foot and my leg. I am really anxious

Magic
08-08-12, 21:19
Hi Gordie1,
I'm sure your GP would have noticed if you had septicemia, but if in doupt you could call your surgery and ask for advice from the triarge nurse, or go back to your GP
just to put your mind at rest:hugs:

RosieXXX
08-08-12, 21:29
Hello gordie,

It is so difficult coping with anxiety, especially when you are on your own. You must hold on to positives, and the good thing is you have seen your doctor, and she has examinded your toe, and identified the problem. If there was any chance of you having septicaemia she absolutely would have been alerted to it during your consultation - she can tell by looking at your toe the level of infection she is dealing with, and the antibiotics she has given you will deal with the problem. You have taken the right course of action by going to the doctor, and i am sure you will find the infection will be subsiding within a couple of days once the antibiotics kick in.

Try to find some distractions, don't allow yourself to examine your toe, because it will feed your anxiety - let the antibiotics take care of it. I do hope you wll be feeling better soon.