PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see 24 hours in a&e health anxiety featured

gordie1
08-08-12, 22:16
Hi there just to say did anyone see 24 hours in a and e tonight on channel 4 there was a woman with health anxiety on it it was a very good story she was diagnosed with severe health anxiety by her doctor and cant travel too far without being near a doctor

lindajane1971
08-08-12, 22:18
oh interesting!! I have recorded it so will watch it later. x

Matt King
08-08-12, 22:22
Watching it on +1 now. I've started seeing the "hypochondria" character everywhere on TV. Shows like Becker and House. I always feel sorry for them haha :P

nomorepanic
08-08-12, 23:27
She had typical HA. Go to A&E, they suggest a CT scan and then she panics that they will find something which she knows they won't and they don't.

Then they get her referred for an MRI scan and that is clear too.

I see this over and over on here so it was interesting to see it in "real life"

oh no_1
09-08-12, 07:58
im scared of going to doctors and wasting their time, that is my fear, especially after felt the doctor was mad at me that yet another anti depessent was giving me such bad side effects, i said im sorry to her

lauraebowes
09-08-12, 08:18
just watched it now im glad they showed it as i personnaly dont think mental illness is nmade aware of as much as it should be. I didnt like the fact that she was disscussing it in front of the small children but suppose thats my point of view. doesnt it show that we arent alone!!!!:)

noclue
09-08-12, 08:32
I did see it yeah but I didn’t think it was the best example to be honest, but good to raise the awareness I suppose

meche
09-08-12, 09:25
I saw that. I could tell straight away she was a HA sufferer. It was interesting being on the outside looking in at somebody with the same issues as I (we) all have.

Rach29
09-08-12, 11:09
I wish I had have seen this but I'm to scared to watch things in hospitals coz I know it'll send my enxiety sky high so I try to avoid them but they do need to make more awareness of HA x

swgrl09
09-08-12, 12:39
Is this available online somewhere so that those of us across the ocean might be able to watch? I'd be interested in seeing it.

lindajane1971
09-08-12, 16:40
you can watch it in ch4 on demand online

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

you can watch it on ch4 on demand online.