PDA

View Full Version : Help me right now please

saintdee
09-08-12, 01:17
Just woken up and panicking, tool my first citalopram bout 5 hours ago and gave just woken up with stomach ache, feeling sick, body shakes. Jaw clenching and so so scared. It's 1am and I am frightened

eight days a week
09-08-12, 01:23
I had the same thing from cit mate, I am sure you are absolutely safe and will be fine :)

I'm sorry, I know it's really unpleasant, but you just need to ride it until you feel better. You must have a lot of adrenaline around your body after such a nasty scare, so it'll take a few hours to come down from properly (I have no medical training at all so that is just my humble opinion!) but once you do you will sleep for Britain!!

saintdee
09-08-12, 01:28
I am laying on my sofa so tensed up, feeling nausea and sick was one of my symptoms before going on cit, so now I have woken up feeling like is is doubling my pain. Don't know what to do!!!!!

Gotagetthroughthis
09-08-12, 01:31
Ive been waking up in the middle of the night feeling crap since ive started cit aswell. If you fancy a chat or need someone to talk to come in the chat room, im in there.

eight days a week
09-08-12, 01:38
saintdee, I think you just have to ride these feelings out, honestly. I had the same thing on cit. Drinking cool water should calm you. Can you turn on the tv at a low volume, grab a nice cold drink of water, and be a little bit strong?

I'm pretty sure you'll be 100% fine because I have been through this so many times myself. But, I know that doesn't help much at the time :/

:hugs:

saintdee
09-08-12, 01:59
I can't get into the chat room!

iovercamesocialph
09-08-12, 08:56
During these types of moments, you want to start getting distracted. Instead of going back to sleep, go and watch tv until the morning. If this happens again, go and watch something that is funny. That is the only way to feel better. Watch Adam Sandler or anything funny. If you do have medication, try taking that as well. Always get professional help. I wish you luck though!

fashionroadkill
09-08-12, 09:17
I felt just like that after taking my first citalopram a couple of days ago..I felt wobbley & sick and not with it

holly1
09-08-12, 11:54
Hi I know its rough but it really will be worth it.
One suggestion would be to take your pill in the morning. Then if you get nausea or anxiety you may have more chance of distracting yourself by doing day to day tasks. For some reason it always feel ten times more scary when you get symptoms in the middle of the night.
Hang in there :)

saintdee
09-08-12, 12:26
i have been changed from cit to sertraline, this was the table that i was last on 18 months ago. i also have 2 weeks lorazepam to take with it.