PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Taryn
09-08-12, 11:46
Hello everyone, I'm Taryn. Uh, well, to be honest I was suggested to join this website by a friend who said it might help with my issues.

Well, to begin with recently I've been diagnosed with OCD by my psychologist. This is actually quite a shock to me, because over the past few months I've been taking prescription medication for both Anxiety and Paranoia. I've had Anxiety since before I can remember, this does include the occasional panic attack. My last anxiety 'break down' was two months ago with my twin sister in a store, I was frightened of the crowded isles and sort of broke down from there. (To be quite honest I feel uneasy talking about it.) But, despite this I do try to go through everyday with a normal order. This whole OCD thing is irritating me because I'm fairly certain I'm not compulsive, but it does appear that way, my psychologist explained that it might be because of my minor Paranoia reveals some off 'orders' of how I do things around the house. (Like keeping a baseball bat under my bed, repeatedly unlocking and locking the doors every night, etc.) Are these even sure-fire symptoms of OCD?

I don't want to write a huge paragraph about this, so I'll quit here.
Its a pleasure to join this website in hopes to find some sort of closure for my problems.

nomorepanic
09-08-12, 11:56
Hi Taryn

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

dottielottie
09-08-12, 17:12
Hi nothing wrong with that I keep a rifle in my wardrobe:welcome:

celticlass62
09-08-12, 17:32
hi taryn
welcome to no more panic
i hope you find this site as good as i have as its help me a lot with my panic and aniexty attacks,
hope to talk with you soon in the chat room
lots of love to you
celticlass xxxxxxxxx
:hugs: