PDA

View Full Version : help and advice needed please

runpaulyrun
09-08-12, 14:28
Hi
Relatively new here, saw the doctor yesterday who told me i was suffering from depression again....gave me more citrolapam 10mg and 2mg diazapam to deal with side effects which are awfull at the minute.

I just cant work out why this is happening to me all the boxes are ticked my family is good and my daughters are due to arrive tomorow for a 3 week holiday ( iam lucky to live by the sea ) my partners fine and my employers have been more than helpfull to me.

I have been taking citrolapam for nearly 2 years and three weeks ago i thought i was fine and went away for the weekend with no tablets at all but since i got back i have been really awfull, lost all appetite very lethargic, signed of work this week and hols for the next three....started the cit again 10mg and feel really tired, dont want t eat, started smoking again, and sweating in the morning and feeling like my stomachs a washing machine really awfull and only the diazapam dissipate the feelings.

i work 70 hours a week with adults with learning disabilities i start work at 9am monday morning and finish friday morning 9am with sleepovers....i havent slept in 48hrs just stupid things swimming in my head all the time.

Are these side effects of cit and will they ever go away?
Does anyone else feel like this?
I have to force myself to eat and drink can anyone suggest whats best..

Just help iam looking for as at the moment i feel really awfull and wasn wondering if the dose should be 20mg but iam scared of worse side effects....( my sincere apologies i have witterd on )

Piano
09-08-12, 14:39
Hi, I have been on fluoxetine (10 mg) for 5 weeks and the first two weeks were a nightmare. The next weeks were not as bad but still sucked. I feel better now but still not convinced that I am on the right dosage. I have asked my doctor, and he wanted me to stick with 10 mg. I tried to go up to 20 mg last week but I got a terrible anxiety...

BobbyDog
09-08-12, 14:45
I had problems the second time I took Citalopram, the side effects were not good. Try and speak to your doctor. At my GP surgery you can have telephone appointments, perhaps that is worth a try.

runpaulyrun
09-08-12, 14:58
Thanks guys iam really hoping this goes away as today i feel totally awfull, nauseaus, tired, and totally fed up but will plod on regardless...

Michal clark
10-08-12, 06:19
This is what the same problem i am facing....
:)
can anyone help..

Kell
10-08-12, 08:10
Hi there,

Aside from anything else it sounds as if you are working some very long hours. That coupled with just stopping your tablets when you went away could easily be the trigger for you having a wobble. Sometimes there can be no reason at all. We can sometimes beat ourselves up looking for reasons for how we feel.

I hope that you feel better soon x