PDA

View Full Version : does any 1 feel the same

spuder
09-08-12, 18:00
hi i am 5mg of cipralex and i find it hard to eat my appelite just isnt there and ive lost 2st or more since ive been on them is any 1 else like this plz

Piano
09-08-12, 18:05
How long have you been on cipralex?

spuder
10-08-12, 13:08
about a month now

Piano
10-08-12, 13:11
I have been on 10 mg fluoxetine for 5 weeks now, and I also have low appetite.

spuder
10-08-12, 13:18
i have been on fluoxetine about a yr ago and my appetite didnt change but on ciprlax it has i am a very big girl so dont mind losing weight

laura442
10-08-12, 13:26
spuder do you mind me asking if you have had any menstrual cramps at all ? I have no appetite either but I am still in early days x

spuder
10-08-12, 13:30
no laura dont get menstral cramps as i dont have a period i have the implant in my arm had it since oct last yr. my appetite is getting better but not as much as i used to eat

Anxious-in-Canada
12-08-12, 13:18
That is normal to have low appetite. It will come back, just try to eat when you feel like it, some healthy is the best...

You are early in the medicine's cycle, so it is going to be a bit of time before you are back to normal appetite.

The stomach/appetite is so connected to serotonin and when your stomach is well so is your mind....

Hang in there. One thing I used to do was have smoothies (with yogurt and fruits) which was easier to eat and full of nutrients...

spuder
12-08-12, 16:43
thanks for that

dez
18-08-12, 16:09
I've only been on it for 5 days now and I've noticed today that I really can't eat. Just need to drink plenty of fluid. Don't know if this is just today, or it's going to be longer term. Feels like it may go on for a while, but then again I've put on a shed load since my anxiety/dipression kicked in again 3 months ago, so I'm not that bothered.