PDA

View Full Version : Fear of flying

Louise8
09-08-12, 20:39
Hi. I have a fear of flying and a couple of years ago felt like I was being suffocated whilst up in the air - the scariest experience of my life! I later found that this was a panic attack and since have been terrified at the thought of flying. I flew to Spain last year on 3 x 2mg of diazepam. Next week I am going on holiday on a 4 and half hour flight. I went to the doctors today and she again gave me dizepam. However when I got home and further researched I the half life of the tablet has panicked me more thinking I will die if I drink alcohol durin the holiday :( Does anyone know how long after taking dizepam it is safe to drink alcohol? Thankyou in advance x

nomorepanic
09-08-12, 20:59
Well I drank alcohol when on Diazepam and had no bad side-effects.

I assume you are only taking in during the flight?

Louise8
09-08-12, 21:07
Yes, just taking for the flight. But I'm worried when reading about the half life that I wont be able to drink throughout the holiday x

nomorepanic
09-08-12, 21:26
Yes you can

What did the half life info say that made you think you can't?

nomorepanic
09-08-12, 21:26
Can I ask if you drank last time you were on them?

Louise8
09-08-12, 21:31
Thanks :) yes but not much. Where as this time I'm going with the girls so wanting to drink. It just panicked me because it said it was still in your system for hours after :/ x

nomorepanic
09-08-12, 21:32
Yes hours but not days. You will be fine. If you are worried then just don't drink too heavily on the first night.

Louise8
09-08-12, 21:38
Thankyou for your resurance :) I worry too much x

nomorepanic
09-08-12, 22:00
Have a fab holiday Louise ok?

Louise8
09-08-12, 22:06

johnielov
10-08-12, 07:15
Did you research if some actually died? Coz I just did and nothing serious or something that would claim its a proven fact. I bet it's just some theory.

busybee09
15-08-12, 15:30
Im totally in your situation ! Im off to america next month 9 hour flight and im brickin it,
last time i flew was soo embarssing i laughed me head off when i saw the plane cus i was soooo scared then cried my head off when the plane took off and people were lookin at me!
Im taking meds this time too, i wudnt advise the alcholol tbh just stick with ur meds and plenty of distractions.