PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop this drip?

JaneS
10-08-12, 10:21
:unsure:Help - does anyone else suffer from a constant dripping down the back of the throat and need to cough persistently to clear it? I think it may be post nasal drip? Been going on for about 4 - 6 weeks now. Started about the end of the 3 month dose of Amytriptiline that I was taking (10mg). Gave me a really dry mouth and I think has caused this persistent mucus drip. Have been off the meds for about 4 - 6 weeks. Also had a weird dizzy do the other night when I woke up - Doc said it was viral labyrinthitis - can this be linked to the drip? Am going mad with worry as I think there is something seriously wrong with me! Daren't go back to Doc again - he knows what an anxious person I am - system probably flashes red alert when I go to the surgery!!

nomorepanic
10-08-12, 11:59
You can get a nasal spray for that so do ask the doc about it

JaneS
10-08-12, 12:52
I did use Beconase for 3 weeks but it didn't seem to help, then I got a second bottle but never continued with it as the bitter taste was awful.

bernie1977
10-08-12, 14:06
I have bouts of this and it comes and goes. It feels like thick gunk at the back of my throat and it makes me want to heave when it drips down my throat. I have tried decongestants and nasal sprays but nothing worked. My GP told me it is possible it could be down to acid reflux/GERD

swgrl09
11-08-12, 06:37
I have this, turned out to be allergies for me. Maybe try an antihistamine to see?

mk4402
11-08-12, 14:48
Put Neilmed Sinus rinse in google/amazon, stopped it completely for me after a week