PDA

View Full Version : no one in chat room just when u need it

trish1955
11-08-12, 09:49
does any one think it a good idea to have like a helper available in the chat room from 8am till 10am a bit like the phone thing with nomore panic for oeople like me i dont have out going calls on my house phone i would be on to long for my mobile credit to last wich iave a bit on for emergency maybe you all wont agree it was just a thought i had after no one was there any way i put it in this bit because i was so bloody anxiouse well take care all lv trish

mikewales
11-08-12, 11:10
Trish, the problem would be getting someone to do it who is free all the time, and will give up their time to do it, and would also be able to help people with a wide range of problems. Also if it is only one person, then what happens when a few poeple come in needing help.

trish1955
11-08-12, 12:21
Trish, the problem would be getting someone to do it who is free all the time, and will give up their time to do it, and would also be able to help people with a wide range of problems. Also if it is only one person, then what happens when a few poeple come in needing help.well then there would be some one else online to share eack other probs i get what yr saying about the time like wen u ring nomore panic there is a few numbers they give u to ring and they all do so many hours a day not one all day if you get my meaning any way it was just an idea yake care trish

nomorepanic
11-08-12, 14:16
Nice idea Trish - but I can't seen anyone volunteering to do it

mikewales
11-08-12, 17:23
Trish, don't the other site charge people to join though ? If we charged everyone to join, then I'm sure we could afford to pay people to man a helpline as well.

nomorepanic
11-08-12, 17:53
No Panic helpliners are volunteers so not paid but I pay £12 a year to be a member.

Donny
11-08-12, 21:23
Could we maybe have a poll of potential volunteers to see if it would be viable?

flossie
11-08-12, 22:06
The volunteers from NoPanic go through a training programme and then are regulated on what they can and can't say. Their volunteers are mainly in recovery themselves and backup help is provided for them. All this costs money. Who is to provide the running costs for this on this forum?
Also consider the responsibility on giving incorrect advice to someone who is in a vulnerable state. As NMP would be monitoring this I imagine Nic would be partly responsible if any action was taken against the helpliner and NMP.

bottleblond
11-08-12, 22:17
Trish

Unfortunately we can't be here all of the time, although we do our best to help as much as we can when we are available.

Posting on the forum when you need help is probably better as there is people on there 24/7.

Take care

Lisa
:hugs:

PanchoGoz
11-08-12, 22:29
plus who would do the nightshift...

bottleblond
11-08-12, 22:37
Yes.. Also we are all fellow sufferers. We are not professionals.

We have a fantastic support network and the forum is invaluable when we need help in the wee small hours.

Littlehelper123
11-08-12, 23:36
Theres things like smaritans and other online places that have 24hr lines and chat rooms, google it

trish1955
12-08-12, 09:47
i would be better on nite shift than mornin one i can not sit still for lon in mornings i dont no about a course for those who you talk to as i rang once and was talkin to a lady in her late 70s they are not all recoverd she still had a few probs they dont give you advice but they listen and share how they cope with there probs i went on a phone recovery thing at nomore panic it was good she asked me if i would be intrested in doing the phone line help thing but i had my phone turned into incoming calls could not aford the bills as i could ave onr on to a befreindding group it did not cure me but it did help for a while any way like i said it was just an idea maybe not a good one lol take care all trish

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Theres things like smaritans and other online places that have 24hr lines and chat rooms, google itis it a free call to them as i dont have out going calls

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Yes.. Also we are all fellow sufferers. We are not professionals.

We have a fantastic support network and the forum is invaluable when we need help in the wee small hours.yes i no thats what i ws saying about the phonline chat with no more panic wich is wat u need some one who knows how you feel

Richard1960
12-08-12, 09:48
i would be better on nite shift than mornin one i can not sit still for lon in mornings i dont no about a course for those who you talk to as i rang once and was talkin to a lady in her late 70s they are not all recoverd she still had a few probs they dont give you advice but they listen and share how they cope with there probs i went on a phone recovery thing at nomore panic it was good she asked me if i would be intrested in doing the phone line help thing but i had my phone turned into incoming calls could not aford the bills as i could ave onr on to a befreindding group it did not cure me but it did help for a while any way like i said it was just an idea maybe not a good one lol take care all trish

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

is it a free call to them as i dont have out going calls

No its not free the Samaritans have a 0845 number as does saneline another mental health support line.

I have not seen any help lines with a free number myself.

Best wishes Richard.