PDA

View Full Version : feeling anxious

madstitcher101
11-08-12, 13:58
I've just arranged to take the kids to visit my parents tomorrow. Now that shouldn't be such a big thing but it's more about the travelling there that is making me feel rather anxious. I don't drive very often and when I do I like to stay local where I know the roads. There's a lot of roadworks about at the moment and driving up to my parents isn't going to be the normal 5 minute drive up the road. I know that once I've done it and I'm there I will be okay, but from this moment onwards I'm feeling awful even thinking about it. Silly really!

I've got to go out again in the car on Wednesday, on my own, to my optician appointment. So, it'll start all over again.

Munki
11-08-12, 19:00
I get the same thing, Madstitcher. Sorry to hear you have similar problems as I know how awful it really is. I'm off to a friends next Saturday with my hubby and I'm already feeling anxious about that. Like you, I'll be fine one I get there but I dread a week of build up!

Somehow we need to break the habit of 'worrying about worrying' and I know the answers but aren't quite sure how to make them work!

Sound familiar?

madstitcher101
11-08-12, 21:22
Yes, sounds very familiar. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone.

I'm the same with anywhere I have to go, even if I am not even driving. I get that anxious that I end up going to the toilet several times before leaving the house. It's been that way for such a long time I'm not even sure it'll ever change.