PDA

View Full Version : 18:10 and I just managed to get up and brush my teeth

Dave238
11-08-12, 18:22
And am now psyching up for a shower. or just gonna stick my fingers in my ears and go lalallalalalalala while my body goes through the motions.

I'm suffering from depression and anxiety apparently. All I know is that life is ridiculously tough, even just brushing my teeth, or how the fact that i will always have to wash my dishes over and over again after each use makes me want to cry.
Or I wake up with a sense of dread which never dissipates for long. How the people thumping around like elephants in the house upstairs sends shocks through my chest, little adrenaline rushes, and i freeze in terror each time, sometimes multiple times in less than 5 minutes.

Done a lot of therapy over last 4 years, and now have those tools, examining thoughts to see if they are objectively real or based on faulty evidence, etc etc etc, but knowing and feeling are two different things.

For the last two been trying medications, now on 40mg of fluoxetine (Prozac baby!) in the morning, 100mg of trazadone in the evening, propranolol as needed, and all of this doesn't even touch the sides. I might as well be popping skittles.

Also a recovering alcoholic, been sober almost 4 years, no relapses thank ****. went to treatment 4 years ago, thats when the therapy started.

I just wanted to connect with others, try and dispel some of this isolation and reach out.

Gonna go have a shower now. its just a shower. 10min only. step in, hot water, feels good, shampoo, soap, then out, dry, and put on clothes. easy peasy. Yet i am scared. and tense. and anxious. and it feels like such an effort.

Not glad that I have this shit going on, but grateful there appears to be a place to come and share about it.

D

Annie0904
11-08-12, 18:30
:welcome: Dave you are not alone in these feelings and you have come to the right place to get support. I just joined this week and it has helped me to know that there are others who understand and we can help one another to get through it.

Serenitie
11-08-12, 18:33
Welcome Dave. You certainly are not alone in your struggle to function with simple daily tasks. You will receive so much support on here. Be kind to yourself too :hugs:

nomorepanic
11-08-12, 18:33
Hi Dave238

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Rach29
11-08-12, 18:37
Hi Dave loads of us know how you feel to scared to do the simplest of things because of anxiety hope you feel this site helpful and you feel better soon : )

dottielottie
11-08-12, 19:30
Hi I havnt washed my hair for two weeks, welcome :hugs:

BobbyDog
11-08-12, 19:39
Hey Dave238,
I can relate personally to most aspects of your life.

:welcome:

molly1
12-08-12, 01:59
hiya, im new too!
i know how scary small things can be, i struggle too with the process of showering and getting ready to go anywhere seems impossible at times. know that you can do it, have done it before and will feel fresher afterwards.

i also feel isolated by my anxiety/depression, look forward to chatting!

greenwood
12-08-12, 08:39
hi Dave no you are not alone I too know the fears you are feeling like dottielottie i couldn't wash my hair and Iwas scared to take a bath it does get better tho Take care x:welcome:

Dave238
13-08-12, 14:31
Wow, thank all of you, such a lovely welcome! I look forward to chatting and connecting more with all of you, good to know we're not in this alone!