PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety is a nightmare!!!

Worriedabouthealth
11-08-12, 19:33
I never used to worry about my health until I started feeling ill all the time around 8-9 years ago now, never used to go to the doctor or anything.

The thing is I have a few family member who suffer who have suffered from Health Anxiety and my dad has Fibromyalgia.

I suffer from quite a few things such as Asthma, Acid Reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Problems with Fatigue.

It's possible that I too could maybe have Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or both as it has been mentioned this year but not fully looked into.

But I totally admit I also have Health Anxiety but that doesn't make me a bad person, some people have criticised me for worrying I might have certain problems or illnesses but that's part of the Health Anxiety, it doesn't mean I'm messed up in the head as I know and my family and friends know that I am definitely not.

And I wasn't referring to people on here when I said I have been criticised for worrying about certain health conditions.

cattia
11-08-12, 19:45
I have often thought in the past that I had fibromyalgia or ME but every time I have got my anxiety under control my symptoms have got better. ME actually used to be my worst health fear, I was 100% convinced that I had it, but it was just plain old anxiey. I know that some people have anxiety as well as these conditions but in my experience, anxiety can make you feel very very unwell physically, so I would think it more likely that your physical symptoms are rooted in your anxiety rather than the other way around.

Seanydee
11-08-12, 20:43
I totally agree health anxiety is defo the devils work,I've been suffering for a year now and it really doesn't seem to be getting any better infact I'd say the symptoms are getting worse I mean right now I'm fighting the idea of going to the emergency room because I've got upper left stomach pain aswell as a faint feeling I want to go just to be on the safe side but I don't want to go because I don't want to look daft when they say everything's fine it's just anxiety JUST ANXIETY I'd like to say that to them if they suffered from it it's horrible.

Worriedabouthealth
11-08-12, 21:14
I totally agree health anxiety is defo the devils work,I've been suffering for a year now and it really doesn't seem to be getting any better infact I'd say the symptoms are getting worse I mean right now I'm fighting the idea of going to the emergency room because I've got upper left stomach pain aswell as a faint feeling I want to go just to be on the safe side but I don't want to go because I don't want to look daft when they say everything's fine it's just anxiety JUST ANXIETY I'd like to say that to them if they suffered from it it's horrible.

I used to go to A&E and the doctors all the time but for the last year or so I fight it unless I feel extremely bad but I hang on these days and see my GP.

But I know how you feel, it's not good.

Seanydee
12-08-12, 22:06
Well I couldn't fight the urge any longer just spent 5 hours in A n E to be told that my heart is fine lol so tonight I've decided to start my floxitine that my doctor give me about 2 months ago I've just took my first one and I'm cackin myself I've tryed meds before any they always wipe me out for a full day so I stop taking them…has anyone else tryed floxitine?

cattia
12-08-12, 22:11
fluoxotine is prozac right? Yes I have taken it a couple of times. Both times it made me very ill for the first couple of weeks but really worked wonders in the end, it took about four weeks to kick in but it really worked for me. It's worth sticking it out but the side effects are pretty rough.

Seanydee
12-08-12, 22:23
Thanks a lot for ur reply catta I just hope I don't get bad side effect I really can't cope with more ill feelings x

Seanydee
13-08-12, 19:24
Well had my first floxitine last night before bed I Havnt had any side effects as of yet but I'm guessing that's because it was my first see how fings go eh :-)