PDA

View Full Version : seeing flashes of light!!! has ANYONE experienced this...

SheilaH921
11-08-12, 20:53
I started gettng constant headaches. The doctor said it was stress causing tension headaches. I got myself all worked up, convinced id a brain tumour etc. Then i started seeing flashes of light out of my eyes at the sides. It happens on and off, mainly at nighttime. Of course this just led to more googling and worry. I thought i must have a tumour behind my eye. I was so scared, went to optican and got eyes all checked and all was fine. Im still seeing the flashes. I did read somewhere on thr net that anxiety sufferers can get this. Im really hoping that someone can say this has happened them?
Um trying really hard not to google it again and get myself all worried again. :(

cattia
11-08-12, 21:02
YES YES YES!! It has happened to me. Like someone had set off a camera in the room, sort of out the corner of my eye. I went to the Dr, he looked in my eyes, said he couldn't see anything and there was nothing he could think of that was serious that could have been causing it. He told me to get my eyes checked which I did and they were fine too. I had it a few more times then it just stopped.
I also have some other eye issues like pin prick flashes and seeing trails / halos at night sometimes. These issues have waxed and waned for some time now so I have got past the point of worrying they are anything serious.

dottielottie
11-08-12, 21:08
Me too, sometimes I have to look round to see if anything is there x

SheilaH921
11-08-12, 21:12
Thanks so much :) i started getting more tonight and I was getting really worried again. Thought id come on this instead of google. Its really hard to ignore the symptom and not let it get u in a state of panic

lindajane1971
11-08-12, 21:13
me too!! i see little flashes all the time!! its like really tiny specks of flashes i see mostly in the corner of my eye. I had a eye test this year (my second in 18 years lol) and the optition said my eyes looked fine so that was a relief.
I also see black specks!!! Somewhat like a fly appears for a second in the corner of the room the vanishes!!!
Funny enough these things are the only thing i dont worry about! :wacko:

SheilaH921
11-08-12, 21:18
Ive had them in the past but this time cuz id headaches i got myself in a tizzy about them lol. Yeh i get these weird black things that i only see at the side of my eyes sometimes aswell. One symptom just sets me off and before u know it its 3am and im crying my eyes out stuck to google and telling my husband i think im dying :mad:

dottielottie
11-08-12, 21:19
I hear things aswell, weird ! Every little noise gets me jumpy.

Natalie2389
13-08-12, 20:48
I've always got black specks often in my eye sight view they come and go. I suffer from health anxiety

Myka01
21-11-20, 09:48
I started gettng constant headaches. The doctor said it was stress causing tension headaches. I got myself all worked up, convinced id a brain tumour etc. Then i started seeing flashes of light out of my eyes at the sides. It happens on and off, mainly at nighttime. Of course this just led to more googling and worry. I thought i must have a tumour behind my eye. I was so scared, went to optican and got eyes all checked and all was fine. Im still seeing the flashes. I did read somewhere on thr net that anxiety sufferers can get this. Im really hoping that someone can say this has happened them?
Um trying really hard not to google it again and get myself all worried again. :(

Hi, did you ever find out what was causing this problem?

Fishmanpa
21-11-20, 12:10
This thread is from 2012. The user hasn't been on in a year (2019). Suffice it to say they moved on from it.

Positive thoughts