PDA

View Full Version : A question about ESA

xBettyBoopx
11-08-12, 22:52
I wonder if anyone has the same problem.......about 3 months ago I filled in a form for ESA (have been on incap benefit for a few years). I heard nothing for a couple of months until jobcentre+ phoned and subsequent letter which states that my benefit is changing to ESA, then says I have been placed in the work-related activity group!!

I mean seriously.......on the form I stated that I could not go more than a couple of hundred yards and I wasn't called in to be seen by anyone, so what makes them think that I can go for work related interviews?! I have got physical illnesses as well as agoraphobia and would love nothing better than to be able to go back to full time work and get myself some money that I have been going without since 2006! I can appeal this decision and telephoned for the leaflet, which I now have in my hot little hands! What I can't make out is how different can I put that I cannot go further than a few hundred yards?! Do I really have to repeat myself?! If they didn't call me in for an assesment, then they obviously know that I can't go far!

"Must take part in work-focused interviews with a personal adviser to continue to receive ESA in full...."!!! Live on my own and am so worried about this + the financial factor!!

Anyone had this experience?

Forgot to say than they have now changed the benefit to two part (financial), saying that "You must attend or your payments of ESA may be affected" and that my living expenses are "£xx and that £xx is extra money because you are in the work related acitivy group". So if I ask to come out of it (which I am asking) becoz I can't do it or even get there, they are going to take nearly 30 quid from me a week!! I just can't deal with this anymore, things are hopeless enough!

:mad::mad::mad:

Lizziesaurus
12-08-12, 09:17
I have no personal experience of this sort of stuff, but I think the best thing to do is give them a ring first thing tomorrow morning and explain and try and come to a resolution.
Try not to worry yourself about something that is yet to happen - very hard I know! But I'm sure it's something that can be sorted. It's Sunday so nothing can be done until tomorrow morning at the earliest, so I give you the advice my driving instructor once gave to me which always helps. Don't worry about it now because right now there's nothing you can do about it. :)

xBettyBoopx
14-08-12, 00:30
Thanks for replying Lizzie. I have sent the appeal off, I'll have to wait to see what happens. I thought there would be people on here in the same boat.....I guess I was wrong!

nomorepanic
14-08-12, 00:36
I did try to discourage posts about it on here Els in the past. I am still thinking about whether I allow it or not.

You may like to PM eight days a week - he knows loads about it all.

xBettyBoopx
14-08-12, 01:02
I did try to discourage posts about it on here Els in the past. I am still thinking about whether I allow it or not.

You may like to PM eight days a week - he knows loads about it all.

Why is that Nic?

nomorepanic
14-08-12, 01:14
This was the post....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104846

xBettyBoopx
14-08-12, 03:09
Wo, well you may as well delete it then coz only lizzie has answered anyway! I'll try and get help elsewhere.

nomorepanic
14-08-12, 11:51
As I said I am working on how to resolve this - maybe one thread that people can post on.

BUT please do PM eight days a week - I am sure he won't mind and he knows all about ESA etc.