PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Caitlyn89
28-05-04, 23:33
[size=1]Hi my name is Caitlyn i live in the USA and im 15. I suffer from emetophobia(fear of vomiting)[xx(] and anxiety/panic attack. I never really had a serious panic attack there was just one time for about 10 minutes i was convinced i was having a heart attack and couldnt stop crying but thats about it. The rest is really anxiety attacks. Email me at xixcaitlynxix@aol.com. I'd be happy to complain to you lol:D or if you need someone to listen.[/size=3]

Meg
29-05-04, 10:30
HI Caitlyn,

You are certainly not alone in the fear of vomiting.
We have several memebers who have this too.

Best of luck with dealing with this.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

nomorepanic
29-05-04, 15:14
Hi Caitlyn

Welcome to the site.

You can search for fellow emetophobia sufferers by entering that word in the search box at the top of the screen. There are quite a few posts on it.

Nicola

seh1980
29-05-04, 22:44
Hi Caitlyn,

Welsome to the site!! I'm American too (from Ohio) but I live in England. I'm pretty new on the site and have found it very useful so far. Everyone is very friendly!! If you ever want to chat, my email is sarahe007@hotmail.com
Take care
Sarah (seh1980)

Caitlyn89
30-05-04, 01:29
Hi Im new too...just joined yesterday actually...im not really sure how to naviagate this site hehe [?]

nomorepanic
30-05-04, 16:21
Caitlyn

At the top of the screen there is a "search" facility. Just click on the word "search" and then you will be able to enter any words that you want to search for in the forum.

Hope that helps?

Nicola

me
30-05-04, 20:49
hi caitlyn welcome to this wonderful site im sure you will find lots of helpful information take care love from mary

Caitlyn89
31-05-04, 23:04
How do you chat with people on this site i feel like a loner lol

andrew
01-06-04, 09:46
hi caitlyn and welcome to the site. if you go to the home page and click 'live chat room', you'll be able to meet and chat with others - between 9pm-midnight U.K. TIME is always best.
good luck with your recovery, take care andrew

jo-jo
02-06-04, 12:07
Hi Caitlyn

Don't worry, you really are not the only person frightened of being sick - when I have my panic attacks the worst thing about them is that nauseous feeling, it makes me shake like mad a cry like a woman possessed.

Good luck, you are in the right place to meet some great friends and get some good advice.

Jo xxx

Caitlyn89
02-06-04, 19:32
Andrew what time would that be in the US lol

sarah
02-06-04, 21:16
Hiya caitlyn

If you are in New York, I think you are 5 hours behind us so I guess that would be 4pm...if you are anywhere else im not sure...lol
Hope to see you there!

Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Caitlyn89
05-06-04, 06:26
Wow 100 people read this and 11 replied lol thats depressing maybe im boring.

Meg
05-06-04, 08:09
Hi Caitlyn,

Thats total 100 page views. I probably account for at least 7 of them as I check the forum regularly and have seen it between posts too as will have Nic and Sarah.

Not everyone who participates here reads every post as it is extremely time consuming.

It has nothing to do with being boring. You have a specific problem and some people may not feel they have any experience to add so don't take the numbers as any sort of reflection of anything.

Its good to have you here.

Meg

kate
05-06-04, 08:17
Caitlyn,

I agree entirely with Meg.

Please don't take it personally if not many people reply.

I read all the posts but do not reply to many of them because I either have no experience of a particular problem or I don't know what advise to give!

Carry on posting and anyone who can help WILL help!

Kate x

sarah
05-06-04, 10:44
Hiya Caitlyn

As a moderator I check this site several times a day so I would probably count for about 15 reads on my own so dont worry about it.

Take care
Love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

me
05-06-04, 18:51
hi caitlyn
hope you are ok what are you doing this weekend? in england its now nearlly 7pm in the evening its been a lovely day.... very sunny ( well in norfolk hope the rest of you have had lovely weather xx)keep smiling love from mary x

nomorepanic
05-06-04, 19:18
Hi Caitlyn

Hope you are well?

I am very lucky that I have great moderators that check for new posts all the time so as they say the "read" count can be high!

Are you doing ok?

Nicola

Caitlyn89
05-06-04, 19:38
Hi everyone my stomach has been hurting on and off today, so im not entirely in high spirits. Its only 2:36pm here and its crappy out.