PDA

View Full Version : Mouth problems help!

NervousA1
12-08-12, 13:44
Hi I have 2 worries that play on my mind daily, when I was 16 (I'm 33 now). I had lots of tonsil stones that came out leaving a big hole above my left tonsil, it's almost 1cm in diameter can that be normal? Has anyone else ever had this or similar??

It causes no pain, and food doesn't get trapped in it or anything, my tonsils are asymmetrical different on either side, they aren't large at all quite small.

Am I worrying over nothing? Could it just be my HA/anxiety?

Also another concern I have is a bump on the roof of my mouth, it came up when I had a bad cold approximately 3 years ago, it was painful when I had the cold/flu. But after I got better it stopped hurting yet the bump is still there, doesn't seem to have grown or anything.

Could it just be from the infection I had? I did show the dentist he didn't seem that concerned... If it was anything sinister would it have grown by now?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, just to put my mind at ease. :)

SheilaH921
12-08-12, 13:47
Hi, did you ever show the doctor the lump on your mouth? Im sure if it was something serious you would def know by now. But to put your mind at ease i wouold show the doctor so you can forget about it. But given as its been there so long i really wouldnt worry :)

NervousA1
12-08-12, 14:09
Hi thanks for the reply, no never shown the dr the bump. I thought the dentist was the best person to show as they specialize in mouths etc. He just said he would keep and eye on it, didn't seem that concerned about it.

I reckon it maybe something left over from the infection I had from the cold/flu I had? Cos it seems funny that the bump appearerered same time that I was ill?

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Heres a pic of the roof of my mouth... http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/al58/stuff/photo9.jpg

Does that look like anything serious? :shrug:http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/al58/stuff/?action=view&current=photo9.jpg

SheilaH921
12-08-12, 14:42
No it def doesnt, i would say its from your illness and it will probably stay like that. If youve had it 3 years i def wouldnt worry. My kids have lumps and bumps from illnesses they have had that dont go away. for example my 5 year old has loads of lumps in his neck because he had ear infections when he was younger.

NervousA1
13-08-12, 11:09
Hi thank you for the reassurance, I'm gonna try and put it behind me. :)

Could the biggish hole above one tonsil be normal also? Could tonsil stones have caused it to make the hole big? It was like 17 years ago I remember coughing up what seemed like a handful of tonsil stones at the time which freaked me out.

Yet the big hole never went away, I guess it will always be there now? Has anyone ever had anything like this? I can't be the only one. :wacko:

SheilaH921
13-08-12, 11:37
I have seen that on embarrasing bodies wit huge holes. Its def normal :)