PDA

View Full Version : citralopram query

carolf
12-08-12, 16:02
Hi, I am new to the forum but have found it really helpful reading some of the posts on here. I have found myself in a situation where by for the past few months I have been feeling very low, crying all the time, not having any interest in anything and also suffering from anxiety. I eventually went to the docs and they gave me citralopram, I am on day 10 of them but I feel worse, I wake up in the morning with an anxiety attack and suddenly out of nowhere I was struggling to even go outside. Is this normal while my body adjusts to the tablets or is my dose too low, I am on 10mg but am only small. There are 2 good things though, my appetite has dissapeared and the endless chatter in my mind has almost stopped.
I'm meant to go back to work in a few days, not sure if this will help or make me worse.
Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all of this and a bit unsure of the path.

Iggy131313
13-08-12, 08:09
Hi Carol,

its totally normal for your anxiety to be increased its a very commen side effect and I would give it a little time to level out, are you due to go up to 20ml?

paulie_b
13-08-12, 10:04
I wake up in the morning with an anxiety attack

I had this. It does go, though. One day (hopefully soon), you'll wake up and realise you're not having an anxiety attack, and it honestly feels great. :)

carolf
13-08-12, 10:24
thank you, he doc hasnt mentioned me upping the dose, will check and find out. Good to get some advice from people who have gone through it

Iggy131313
13-08-12, 10:27
It took me 4 weeks to get outside Carol but the anxiety attacks lasted all day everyday, I was paralysed with fear lol!

things should pass in the next week or so for you and you will be good as new!

well done for getting through it. xx

carolf
13-08-12, 14:31
thank you :) there is light at the end of the tunnel

Iggy131313
13-08-12, 14:40
oh yes! The tunnel may seem very long at times, but keep marching forward and dont be scared of the side effects! Thats all they are side effects and they will pass. xx