PDA

View Full Version : in law trouble

OZJO
13-08-12, 05:21
Hi, my name is jo.I have been having panic attacks for months now after a misunderstanding with my daughter in law. I have not seen my son and grandkids since July last year. someone told me that if I have these attacks for a long time then I will never get rid of them.Is this true

nomorepanic
13-08-12, 05:41
Hi OZJO

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Anxious_gal
13-08-12, 06:14
Have you been to your doctor?
Medication and therapy might help.
It seems you're stress is due to what is going on with your family, maybe family therapy could help resolve it or maybe even just time.

Julietta
13-08-12, 18:59
Neither medication nor therapy helped me..reading reading reading is the way...know your enemy!! and when panic strikes..sit in front of a desk fan or air conditioner..cool air of any kind and count up in 18's - 18, 36, 54 etc etc..you need a mental distraction...so panic doesn't get a look in!

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Jo one more thing..panic takes time to beat..don't get disheartened if it takes a year or two..I feel sure once the family thing gets resolved in time panic will go with it..again the best of luck! : )