PDA

View Full Version : Well, this isn't pleasant.

Kasimere
13-08-12, 08:12
I keep panicking whilst I'm at home, the only time I'm not panicking is when I'm at work... This is just bad.

Any tips on calming down during the long home hours? I've tried cleaning, cooking, going out, drinking, playing games, drawing, reading...

emmasaurus
13-08-12, 10:28
It's funny, I know so many people who panic when they're home alone. I certainly do. I assume it's because we've too much time and space to think - or nothing much to distract us from the physical symptoms we often struggle with.

The trick is to find something which steals our attention - entirely. Have you tried multi-tasking? I often do two (or even three) things at once. For example, I might be watching a DVD, typing on my laptop and doing leg exercises simultaneously. In fact, exercise is useful: do you have a stationary bike? Pedalling away for half an hour while reading is something else I do.

toshtao
13-08-12, 23:21
It could be that your tired. You did work all day after all. Or, depending on your occupation, perhaps you sit and stand all day? Do you stay in one spot during work? If so, then the movements you make around the house could be causing a panic attack.

Usually panic attacks happen when the body feels it is in danger. Try to avoid worrying about it if you can. If that does not work then medication would be the way to go. I personally took Zyprexa in the past and it worked great for me. A doctor will give you better advice, so do not take it from me.