PDA

View Full Version : awkened by anxiety

dabrucru
13-08-12, 11:33
i don t know what happend maybe i was dreamin, the last thing i know is that i woke up frightened, than i went to the toilet, and tried to go back to sleep, than a very feeling of sadness and dread came upon me...i was feeling that a panic attack was on the way i could hear my heart pounding through the pillow, than i focused on staying calm, and saying to my self that it was just a feeling, and concentrated on my breath...after almost 10 minutes it went away, and slept.... its a little thing but maybe i m getting in control. :winks:

Annie0904
13-08-12, 11:37
That is good that you were able to calm yourself again and to sleep. I woke the same at 5am but I wasn't able to calm myself down and still not feeling good. Pleased that you could though :)

dabrucru
13-08-12, 11:47
I don t ALWAYS succeed, but one have to try, i also found this site its called tinybuddha were people post these wonderfull experiences, which i find very helpfull, its not about how to deal with anxiety. just personal stories that give you more courage on how to face life. i also have a very fertile imagination, so when i feel anxious i try to picture myself watching myself from a distance, i imagine me ( the calm one) sitting very relaxed watching the anxious me...then its like the anxious me gets tired from being watched and walks away. but that s me and my twisted mind lol

Annie0904
13-08-12, 11:49
I will take a look at that site, Thank you.