PDA

View Full Version : hello

trigrodge
13-08-12, 19:13
hello all,
my name is leigh i'm 28 and have always been an anxious person, it came to a head about 6-7 years ago when i had a huge panic attack whilst driving, since then i have had real trouble driving any distance from my home, 3-4 miles max i am on citalapram and have had some counselling, i really am determined to get over this as have 2 gorgeous children and a very understanding fiance,
i just seem to have trouble convincing myself that a panic attack wont harm me,

kindest regards
leigh :)

nomorepanic
13-08-12, 19:24
Hi trigrodge

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
13-08-12, 19:30
I think that we all do or have had the same fear of panic attacks as you, so you are not alone, with a positive attitude you will pull through.

:welcome:

Julietta
13-08-12, 20:01
Hi leigh : )

I'm sorry to hear panic is ruining what should be a great life..you're a very lucky guy if you don't mind me saying so...I've suffered with panic for last 5 years..I started out totally crippled by panic..couldn't even go the corner shop..but now I lead a pretty normal life again..I'm a bit limited travel wise..10 miles or so..I would dearly love a day at the coast..and I intend to have one soon!! enough of my waffle..the key to beating panic Leigh is understanding it...know your enemy!! read about it..read read and read some more..the best book I ever read was 'at last a life' by Paul David..I think you can only get it off ebay.. I DO keep going on about this book in most of my posts and I swear I do not have shares in it lol.. it was a real turning point for me..THE turning point...once you understand what makes panic tick you have it by the balls. anyway if there's anything I can help with ask away..all the very best with your recovery : )

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

ps..no one was ever harmed by panic Leigh no one..I used to think I was going to suffocate to death when having an attack..mid attack I used to repeat over and over to myself or get someone to tell it to me..its JUST a FEELING..it's JUST a FEELING..and count up in 18's - 18, 36, 54 etc etc.. to take your mind right off the horrible feelings..don't give panic a look in!!