PDA

View Full Version : I Crossed A Mile High Bridge

Southern_Belle
24-07-06, 03:49
Hi All,

I just got back from a vacation in the North Carolina Appalachian Mountains and visited a place called Grandfather's Mountain. There is a swinging bridge there that is a mile high up. Having a severe fear of heights I must tell you I did not really want to cross it to the other side where there is a rocky formation with no rails to pose for pictures. If you took one wrong step - well [Oops!] no more Bel!!!

I did, however, face my fear and crossed that bridge (with a storm coming) and even posed for a picture on that rock! As ya'll would say, I'm so chuffed with myself [^]. Except for breaking a couple of ribs on a bicycle [Sigh...], I had a wonderful time, can't wait to go back.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Coni
24-07-06, 07:26
Hi Bel,

glad you had a great trip. You are so right to be chuffed with yourself ....dont think I could have even set foot on that bridge, my stomach was churning just reading your post lol!

Well done!

Coni X

giddy
24-07-06, 07:31
Hi Bel
Glad to hear you had such a good trip. Hope the ribs are feeling better

lildutt
24-07-06, 08:04
hi bel
well done you and hope your ribs are on the mend
bellxx

alexis
24-07-06, 08:54
Hi Bel, what a wonderful achievement, thanks for not taking a foot wrong, how would I have mananged with no bel?? Hope ribs and chin are getting better.
Take care.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
24-07-06, 09:07
Hi bell

No wonder your chuffed!!! Well done
Glad to hear you had a brill time but sorry to hear about the broken ribs.

Take care
LYNN

Ammeg
24-07-06, 09:52
LAURA!!!!!!!
well well well!!!! whos a brave one then!!!! well done hunni!!! god ur doin sooo well- cant wait to chat to u later and u can tell me all!!! Trust u to hurt uself!!! speak soon hun!!!!
Gemxxxx

stace81
24-07-06, 10:01
Well done Laura.
You should be pleased with youself!!
Very proud of you hun. xxxxx

sford

manmoor
24-07-06, 12:35
Hey Laura,

I'm so pleased for you. Your a brave one and no mistake. But I can't post this without mentioning your bicycle stunts. I don't know how it works in USA but here in Britain we have specially trained people for stunt work. Can I ask after you had your legs wrapped around the handlebars did you apologise to the poor tree that you damaged lmao.

Love ye loads

Mandy Mono

xxxxxxxx

darkangel
24-07-06, 12:40
what a massive achievement - give yourself a huge pat on the back - hope yr ribs get better too

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Clare_63
24-07-06, 18:33
Well done Bel, I bet that feeling of achievement was worth all the effort

Clare

Southern_Belle
24-07-06, 19:27
Thank you all for your nice comments.

Yes Mandy we have stunt people here in the states too! What was I thinking??? lol

Bel

heths
25-07-06, 12:01
Hi Bel,

That's great! Well done.

Hope your ribs get better soon.

Heather x

Paddington
25-07-06, 12:11
wow bel,YOU GO GIRL!!i've heard the phrase'coming on in leaps and bounds'..but not coming off in falls and breaking things!!:)Hey the girl done good tho!WONDERFUL NEWS.XXXXXX

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

honeybee3939
25-07-06, 12:31
Great news Belle !!

Im thrilled you had a great holiday ! Sorry to hear about your rib though, hope your on the mend!!

Thinking of a mile high bridge now makes me go funny !!!

Well Done !!

Love

Andrea
xxx

marie ross
25-07-06, 19:26
Hi Bel,

Glad you had a wonderful time - You would'nt of got me on that bridge -NO WAY!!!! Hope to hear you doing many more things in the future!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

ruthb1
25-07-06, 19:46
Well done laura,

congratulations on crossing the bridge, cant help laughing though about the tree (sorry hun) lol i have just got this vision of you with your legs wrapped round it .

you are a star, keep on going and dont do anymore bike stunts for a while

take care

ruth x x x

polly daydream
25-07-06, 22:50
Glad you had a great time Laura and well done for crossing the bridge, it must have taken a lot of guts, hope your ribs get better soon.

Take care,

Polly

Southern_Belle
26-07-06, 16:32
Hi Heths, Mary Rose, Honeybee, Marie Ross, Ruth and Polly:

Again, thank you for the lovely comments. I even now can't believe I crossed that bridge. I need to download our pictures to relive it, not sure that I want to though!!! Also, thanks for the warm wishes regarding my ribs, they are healing very very slowly.

Bel

nomorepanic
26-07-06, 18:42
Wow Bel

Well done you - I hate heights at the best of times.

Fab news and you did so well.

Nicola

Southern_Belle
28-07-06, 02:34
Thank you Nic, I really appreciate your reply. You can't imagine how much I hate heights too.

Bel

scoobygirl2005
28-07-06, 10:04
Well done Laura! Pleased you had a nice time, apart from your broken ribs lol.

Scooby2005
x x

Southern_Belle
04-08-06, 16:12
Hi Lucy,

Thank you for such a sweet comment, ribs are just about healed, lol.

Bel

panicdiva
10-08-06, 16:24
Fantastic!!! What an achievement!!!! Don't think I could have done that - sorry to hear about the broken ribs.