PDA

View Full Version : Hot and Humid Weather

tonkaboy
13-08-12, 19:16
Does anyone else find this hot and humid weather fuels their anxiety? I hate it when I can't stop sweating, especially if I'm feeling uptight. I find the office at work very oppressive as the air con is rubbish. Feeling very panicy tonight and hate it.

BobbyDog
13-08-12, 19:32
I have a problem with the humidity, it makes me feel as though I am suffocating and yes it fuel's my panic attacks. You are not alone.

Helen1985
13-08-12, 20:06
Yep i totally get this too its horrible and makes u feel like u cant breathe!! you are not alone! xx

tonkaboy
13-08-12, 20:44
thanks everybody, I'm finding tonight very tough. Can't stop scaring myself but I don't know what it is I'm scared of, if that makes sense. I know that it's just anxiety running rampant and that I'm feeding it by being frightened of the feeling. Try telling a drowning man not to struggle!!

It's gone very dark outside, so I think there's thunder in the air - makes sense when it's been so hot and humid.

dabrucru
13-08-12, 20:46
yep me too i can t stand heat and humidity here in malta is always over 90% humidity yuk

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

i just live 5 minutes from the beach and i just went once to swim , i cant stand the heat

tonkaboy
13-08-12, 21:08
I've only been to Malta once on holiday but it was in December, so it was humid but without the heat ie raining! Stayed in Sliema. I found the history of the island fascinating and everyone was very friendly. I was amazed at the old British cars - over here, they've long rusted away.

dabrucru
14-08-12, 07:23
sliema is one of the best parts of malta, i live in marsaskala, o yes old cars, i used to have a triumph herald, which i sold, and now i regret so...

Sparkle1984
15-08-12, 12:22
Yes I find the hot weather hard to deal with, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep at night. I have a south-facing bedroom which gets very hot - in the middle of summer it can reach 27 degrees in my bedroom, even at night time! I have a fan but when it gets really hot it's not too much help (although it's better than nothing). I would get an air conditioning unit but it's not really practical because I don't know where I'd put the vent and not sure where I'd find space for it. Also the heatwaves here never seem to last more than a few days anyway.

Pipkin
15-08-12, 13:20
I agree - it makes my anxiety worse. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of water and try to stay as cool as you can.

Pip

blue moon
16-08-12, 13:35
Here in tropical North Queensland it is hot and humid even in winter humidity is high,it stresses me out,when I visit one of my sons in N.S.W in summer the temp,can reach to 45c that is hot.
Petra x:)

xtremx
16-08-12, 18:58
Yep i totally get this too its horrible and makes u feel like u cant breathe!! you are not alone! xx

Snap with this comment. I feel a 100 times worse roll on winter for me.