PDA

View Full Version : HI new guy

Jimm
14-08-12, 09:46
Hi - I'm 32 from Northamptonshire, not far from Northampton - I have been suffering for anxiety for years.

Had learnt to deal with it pretty well but a recent-ish health scare brought it back in full force. I am getting better again slowly.... but now other cracks are starting to appear.... So that is why I am here. To talk to some people who might understand :bighug1:

PM - me if you like, I will try to reply asap.... x

nomorepanic
14-08-12, 09:58
Hi Jimm

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
14-08-12, 10:00
Hi Jimm and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip

Jimm
14-08-12, 21:19
thanks for the replys - looking forward to getting to know some new people :-)

Loving the site :-) x

Annie0904
14-08-12, 21:24
Hi I am the same, have had anxiety for years and was doing so much better until I broke bones in my foot and the anxiety is back. We have come through it before though so we can come through it again!

Indiepoos
14-08-12, 21:31
Hi there :)

Well you just need to keep positive and remind yourself that if you got over it once you CAN get over it again.

And well done for getting over it by the way, that's a very difficult thing to do :) x

Jimm
14-08-12, 21:50
Thanks guys / gals

I don't think I really got over it - I reduced it from an everyday thing (through understanding) to an occasional thing or specific predictable circumstances,

However it did come back in full force for a while but now is retreating as the source of concern is no longer an issue... I still worry lots - I would call it mild anxiety now with occasional panic that I can usually control...

Occasionally I feel like I have some form of ocd, I will pace about until I can resolve things and have lots of thoughts going on. I feel like I would do anything for it to stop... then when it does I can't understand why I felt like that LOL when feeling rational again.

This time round I am just upset "why me" cause I thought I was ok, it effected my physical health too, lack of sleep/ stress - exhaustion, which has taken a long time to be able to get back to work - now back at the gym this week :-) fingers crossed, I will be able to keep it up and restore some self esteem

Indiepoos
16-08-12, 00:25
I'd say a big part of anxiety is OCD, because you obsess over your panic and obsess over what might set your anxiety off and cause a panic attack.
I know it makes you feel bummed out and sometimes worthless, wondering what you did to deserve it but that's just because you're so tired of it so of course you're starting to blame yourself like you're doomed to it. I have yet to feel full recovery, I like yourself can get my level of panic and anxiety down to a point but know caffeine or small rooms etc will still make me agitated sometimes it feels like it comes back through no fault of my own when my day has been the same as every other day. So I don't know if anyone every fully recovers or just learns to live with it but you don't have to suffer severely and you know that. You know it's in your head and the rest of the world outside it is the same as always.
You can try to ask a doctor or someone in a health shop for something to help to slow your mind down a little for those times when you drive yourself crazy thinking, sometimes it can take a while to find the right cure but it's worth looking into.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Jimm
16-08-12, 22:18
all very true indie poos - My fears include looking ill / fainting in a room with people around me (having to leave at an important moment)

traveling with an associate to a destination when I can't leave if I need / looking ill in front of them...

these two factors are some of the hardest and have limited me and make me most annoyed - never an issue before -, also include pre event nerves, recently exams which require other people to observe...

General worries - difficult family members causing problems and general feeling of not being able to do things that I enjoyed before that something bad will happen..

in fact anything where I am under scrutiny / stress

small amounts of caffeine are not a problem when I am busy first thing if I feel ok at the time - but they have made my mind and heart race before..

I've been full circle with this so not a newbie - just feels more upsetting this time, more of a failure, more deprived of what I could do before, what I loved doing but is now a worry... anyways things can only get better :-) and this site / members seem great

Serenitie
17-08-12, 00:03
:welcome: