PDA

View Full Version : now where

shaunb
14-08-12, 11:27
im so scared now whats becoming of me :scared15::scared15: 16 days on citalopram , now on on sertaline to night and also diazepam , my life is just being ruined by me and i cant stop it , im such a **** up

hanshan
14-08-12, 11:41
Hi Shaun,

We've all been where you are right now. It gets better, believe me.

Can you give some details, so people can comment.

Take care.

Hanshan

shaunb
14-08-12, 16:31
hi hanson , was on 202 mg citalopram , imin depression and anxiety , went to dr for emergancy appointment as was going down on cit given sertaline 50 one to take at night , and 14 2mg diazapam and 2 at 11am and had a sleep and 2 more at 2pm and sleep not as long , im goosed , have now one to help me , no family , no ffriends who would understand , no job wanted to start working for my self , thats failed cant deal with all paper work for benefits also , have a stertch limo , not work for it , parked in a work shop and thats about to be knocked down i just dont have a clue what i have got myself into and its spirraling ot of control and i cant help it so sick with worry and panicing im in such a mess , just swallowing to clear throat is hard work:weep:

erin31
14-08-12, 18:20
Hi Shaun. I really think you should be going back to your GP about this. If you suddenly stop cit you will be having withdrawal symptoms which will not be helping your situation.
Sertraline takes time to start working and it is also possible you need a larger dose.

I know you are in an awful position at the moment but it can get better. You really need help though, not just with your depression and anxiety but with getting yourself back on track. One thing you can do is get in touch with your local Citizens advice who can help you with form filling for benefits and advise you on any other problems you may be having regarding your business.
I know you do not feel your friends would understand how you feel but maybe you could think of just one person who you could turn to for support at this time. It really would help to have someone to talk to who could listen to your worries and offer you support.
:hugs:

hanshan
15-08-12, 08:04
Hi Shaun,

Hope you have been able to have some sleep and are feeling better.

You do need to stay in touch with your GP. Sertraline needs some time to start working. Until this happens you can often feel worse and that it's not working, so hang in there. The sertraline can be increased each week by 50 mg up to 200 mg a day.

You need someone you can talk to. Just doing this makes most people feel better. If there is no-one around you right now, the Samaritans are a respected organisation with trained volunteer phone counsellors you can talk to.

Take care,

Hanshan