PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and depression getting worse

Ruby97
14-08-12, 14:39
Hi eveyone:),

I have found this website very helpful in the past reading other peoples posts as I found it comforting knowing that I am not the only one who suffers from mental illness. I have decided to post today as I can feel my anxiety and depression getting worse. I have been on 10mg of citalopram for almost a year now but feel just as bad before I went on them so I have made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow and increase the dosage hopefully. Recently I have had to move back home having lived away for a good few years as my mother has a brain haemorrage. I am finding the situation extremely diffult, as well as having to adapt back to living at home and coooking and looking after my dad. Additionally I am trying to look for work back home home which is proving tough. I just feel nothing is going for me. I would really appreciate any advice and thanks for taking the time to read my post!!

Serenitie
14-08-12, 15:55
Hi Ruby, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling increasingly anxious and depressed :hugs: You have a lot on your plate including a lot of changes to your life and this is bound to have an impact on how you feel.

You appear to be taking charge of your situation by asking for support on here and visiting your GP. Can you get any support to help you to care for your Mum so that all of the pressure is not on you? It may be worth asking your GP or local social services department. Take care and be kind to yourself and let us know how you get on :)

BobbyDog
14-08-12, 17:48
I think going back to your doctor is a good idea, he will be able to advise you of the best way forward with regard to your medication and may also have other suggestions to help with the care of your Mum..

You have so much responsibility at the moment looking after your Mum who is sick and also taking care of your dad.

I was full time carer for my Grandmother so I can empathise with your situation, it is mentally and physically draining.

Be kind to yourself you are doing a great job.

Indiepoos
14-08-12, 21:41
If you've suffered with anxiety for any prolonged amount of time you'll know that it comes and goes, and this most certainly will pass also. Your brain is just stressing out because of all that's going on in your life right now and it's acting out. You need to find whatever it is that calms you, whether it's rescue remedies or meditation or whatever you find that helps you. Try to remind yourself that this is very normal and it's all in your head.

Think happy thoughts and I hope you feel better soon :) x Good luck