PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

paulw
24-07-06, 11:40
Hi there,

This is my first time posting o this forum. I am 22 years old and I had my first panic attack about 4 months ago and since then my life feels totally different. I am in constant fear of going insane and I have become afraid of being in the same place too long (this includes being at home!). I have never experienced anything like this and sometimes I feel like in a bad dream. I have booked an appointintment with a counceller but this isn't until later in the week and I guess I'm afraid of going crazy before then! Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Paul

trac67
24-07-06, 11:44
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hadee73
24-07-06, 11:50
Hi Paul,

Nothing to worry about it. We all here suffering Panic Attack. Its not harmful but very unusual and unpleasent in daily life. You have to work hard to overcome this. Everyone here will help you and suggest you regarding this.

Thanks

Hadi

noomsie
24-07-06, 12:18
Hi Paul,

I'm new too..Ive lurked for a few days but this is my first post.

The great thing about this forum is that we're all in the same boat and have had similar experiences.

It's so nice to finally find somewhere like this where people know exactly what you're going through.

Hi everyone by the way-nice to meet you all!...I will try and find time to post my story later today.

Hugs,

Naomi

chucklehound
24-07-06, 12:24
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

manmoor
24-07-06, 12:25
Hi Paul,

A big warm welcome to you. We're all a nice bunch here and will do all we can to make you feel at home here.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

eeyoresraincloud
24-07-06, 12:27
Hi Paul.

I'm new too, its feels good just to come on here and 'get it all out'. The good thing about this forum is that you finally realise that no matter how 'abnormal' your life may seem, on here it is completely normal. I only joined yesterday, but have woken up this morning feeling a little bit lighter and free.

Good luck with the councilling, you are braver then me, I haven't found the courage to actually admit face to face to someone yet all the mad thoughts going through my head.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the councilling.

Positive thoughts
Tricia

Granny Primark
24-07-06, 13:05
Hi paul,

Firstly let me say a big welcome to you.
You wont go crazy. I thought that 12 months ago when i had my first p.a.
Ive had loads of help and support from this site and at last i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure i have bad days but these are getting less.

Tricia glad you woke up feeling better.

Take care
LYNN

nomorepanic
24-07-06, 19:30
Hi Paul

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

Will Loynes
24-07-06, 19:37
Hi Paul,
firstly, welcome to NMP, I know you will get lots of advice here and make lots of freinds.
Im sorry you are having a bad time at the moment but im sure your counselling will help. Hopefully see more of you here on the forum or in the chat rooms.

Take care

Will

paulw
25-07-06, 01:05
Thanks guys, feels like such a relief to know there are people in the same boat! Things feel so bizarre at the moment even between the panic attacks!

Twila
25-07-06, 01:19
Hi Paul. I am sorry that you are suffering from these darn panic attacks. It is so scary when you first start to get them and do not have any idea what is the matter. No you won't go crazy, though it may feel like that now. When i first got my PAs i had to walk around constantly or rock myself like a baby or go outside and just walk around in the yard to keep my mind off of the scary feelings. I hope you can find some peace till you can see a counceller!!!!:)
This forum is really a wonderful place to come to when you are down.
Good luck and take care.
Twila

wobily_lin
25-07-06, 03:36
Hi Paul,

A big welcome to the site. Great support here and im sure u will make some great friends too. We're not a bad lot, lol.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wobily_lin
25-07-06, 03:39
Hi Paul,

A big welcome to the site. Great support here and im sure u will make some great friends too. We're not a bad lot, lol.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

giddy
25-07-06, 06:02
Hello Paul and welcome to the forum - hope it all goes well with your counsellor
love Helen

clickaway
25-07-06, 12:14
Hi Paul and Naomi,

Welcome to the forum!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

polly daydream
25-07-06, 20:57
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Incii
27-07-06, 02:27
Hi there welcome to NMP :)
I know you will find comfort here, and i wish you well with the counceling.
I too had this exact fear many years ago, i was terrified i was goin mad, no one and nothing could tell me otherwise, i spent every waking hour thinking i was going insane, i was petrified.
UNTILL a few simple words from a stranger who i happened upon talking to who turned out to be a doctor, he said, you shouldn't worry about going insane, there is no possible way you would know, people who are going that way do not know, people who are worrying they are cannot possibly be, i'm not saying this will will cure you, but please bear it in mind because it's true, your feelings are pure anxiety nothing more, and if you trust yourself to belive that anxiety is the cause the fear will become far less untill in the end the fear of insanity will be gone.

I sympathise with you x
Sharon

paulw
17-08-06, 16:43
I've been to the councillor twice and it's been quite helpful. She didn't give me any medication but gave me a couple of breathing exercises and for a while knowing that it was just anxiety made me feel a lot better. The only thing is that a couple of times lately I've been thinking loads of things like 'What if she was wrong and I've got something much worse!', I guess I expected to be better straight away and I'm still living in dream land! The constant dream-like sensation is the worst part!

Lindalou64
17-08-06, 20:29
Hi Paul.welcome.i know its a funky feeling like ya gonna go mad but ya wont have had many episodes myself they will subside try not to dwell on them dont let it beat you best of luck..........Linda[8D]

paulw
18-08-06, 20:27
Thanks! It's good to hear that there's other people in the same boat! The strange thing is feeling unreal even when I'm not anxious! It's like my mind doesn't stop thinking about going crazy and how I'm feeling.!