PDA

View Full Version : Ocd

FTP-gt
14-08-12, 21:45
Hello everyone I've had OCD since my early teens I'm now 34 and just decided to start telling people about my problem, only 2 people have ever known about it, I've always been ashamed of it but now I really need help with it, is it normal to embarrassed?

Indiepoos
14-08-12, 21:47
Of course it's normal :)
Most people who suffer from something like OCD will feel the same way because it feels like people won't understand or will make fun.
But being open and honest about it can really help make your life easier.

You're most welcome here and will hopefully find whatever you're looking for x Good luck

Sparkle1984
14-08-12, 21:49
Welcome to the forum. It's normal to feel embarrassed - I've had anxiety episodes on and off for nigh on 20 years yet it's only last week that I felt confident enough to go to the doctor and get help. Even my parents didn't know until recently. This current episode is so bad that I didn't think I could deal with it myself, so I had to get help.

You don't have to tell anyone who don't want to - it's probably best to tell your close relatives and maybe your best friends if you trust them.

nomorepanic
14-08-12, 21:58
Hi FTP-gt

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.